“Exceeded my expectations”

Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Desert Hot Springs
Los Angeles, California
“Exceeded my expectations”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

The owners of the Nurturing Nest, Dr. Sandy and Dr. Ramesh are unbelievably gracious, caring and professional. They have created a peaceful, relaxed, open and by all means "nurturing" environment for those who visit. I went on the Freedom Retreat to gain some clarity and peace of mind.....this retreat exceeded all of my expectations as not only did I leave feeling more balanced, energetic and settled...but I learned so much from them and left feeling truly inspired.

I would recommend the Nurturing Nest to anyone just needing a break, or some personal introspection....or just needing to re-examine their life. You will get much more than you bargained for, I promise!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank erica c

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 March 2012

My husband and I have been coming to The Nurturing Nest for about 10 years now and have never had anything but a beautiful experience. The grounds are clean and peaceful. The rooms are quiet and comfortable. The hosts, Ram and Sandi, are friendly and accommodating. And the water....oh, the water is pure bliss. Other spas offer hot springs inside stuffy pool houses or in cramped tubs. The pool house at the Nurturing Nest is open, breezy and constantly refreshed with healing waters direct from the earth. The water then flows to a slightly cooler outdoor pool where one can lounge in the sun, drink in the desert air and enjoy an afternoon of doing absolutely nothing.

Highly recommended. :-)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JanetPaquette
California
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Have been here twice now in the past two months. Just a couple of days and nights of soaking up the soft mineral waters and desert sun make me feel like a new person. The owners are wonderfully accommodating, really caring, and constantly working to upgrade the place, with a peaceful, lovely vibe and minimalist but colorful decor. I'm thankful to have found this truly nurturing environment to de-stress and unwind in.

Room Tip: There's one suite that's detached from the others, for more privacy. Kichenette units are ba...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank anthrocat1
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed 14 February 2012

A perfect getaway for someone wanting to do some soul searching. A very cozy and heartwarming environment. The owners are very kind and hospitable. When you leave, you will feel rejuvenated, internally and externally.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank GautamSavarkar
Topanga, California, United States
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I first found the Nurturing nest 11 years ago when I was nursing a broken heart. I needed a place that was close to LA but peaceful and private. When my assistant told me that he found the "perfect place" I was to weak to do my usual control freakiness and double check his work. When I arrived I truly found a spiritual oasis. Not only was it extremely affordable, but the atmosphere was deeply nurturing, relaxing and healing. It was clean, the rooms neatly appointed and that water... oh the water... it is truly healing. As I said, that was 11 years ago and I have just returned from what must be my 50th trip there. They have continued to upgrade, always finding ways to create the essence of Nirvana. The owners Sandi and Ramesh are also gifted healers, who are always around the property. I like that; they care about their guests and many continue to come for many years. If you are need of a personal retreat, some solace or a romantic weekend away, I highly recommend the Nurturing Nest. I have stayed all over the world in great hotels and spa's, but this little piece of heaven remains one of my favorites.

Room Tip: Choose number 6 or 7 as your room for couples.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tracee S
Desert Hot Springs, California
Reviewed 7 December 2011

The night before my arrival, I was on my bathroom floor crying and feeling helpless. I knew I needed to find myself again. I wanted to go somewhere peaceful that would allow me to reflect on why I was feeling this way. After searching several places in L.A. and Arizona. I found what appeared to be the perfect place in Desert Hot Springs. I spoke to Dr. Ramesh and made an appointment to meet with him the next day. I'm not sure if he felt my desperation over the phone but he gave me an appt. at 8:30pm. After meeting with him I decided to check in the next day. This was by all means the best decision made. The place was so peaceful. The view was spectacular, overlooking the mountains. Everything just felt right. I later meet Jason (manager) and he was so kind as well as his wife Dr. Sandi. I had a couple of therapy sessions with Dr. Ramesh. He made me feel so comfortable and at ease. He gave me hope and helped me find myself. We as humans tend to invest in our cars, fix our home, buy the latest technology and all those things are necessary. But we often neglect ourselves. I gave myself a well deserved “tune up” and I feel great. I highly recommend this place. Dr. Ramesh and his wife are by far one of the nicest and most genuine people I have ever meet.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank California731
Merced, California
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I been going to Nurturing Nest for well over 7 years. And each year I make my annual trip back, I am so delighted by the splendid moment of Joy Nurturing Nest provides. I've looked at other places around the area-even done extensive research-and none deliver the goods! Ram and Sandi offer a one of kind experience in Desert Hot Springs. From the nurturing breakfast; hot mineral dip early and late at night; comfortable linens; high quality soaps and lotion to cleanse my body; relaxing colors and lounge chairs to release tension from the busyness of life I leave behind when I arrive; Nurturing Nest comes filled with joyous splendors every time. So make sure to visit soon; I promise you'll write back and thank me. And tell Ram and Sandi Hi for me!

Room Tip: Every room is perfect!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo