All reviewsrhoni and cristinacoffee cakejoshua treeother guestspalm springsfrette linensmid centurymineral poolsmall kitchenperfect oasiswe loved our staypure heavenwelcome homewonderful hostshealing waterslos angelesboutique hotel
Reviewed November 10, 2015

Loved the attention to detail everything was spot on! Rhoni and Cristina were great, I was very well taken care of during my stay at the Sagewater Spa. I have been visiting the area for 30 yrs and was delighted to find this little gem. If you are looking for a minimalist modern vibe for serenity and relaxation this is the spot. I loved everything I had read prior to my visit and it met every expectation and more. I can't wait to make a return visit.

Room Tip: all the rooms look great
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank mark a
PorterHouse09, Manager at Sagewater Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2015

Thank you for your kind words! With your own impeccable style and humility your appreciation of Sagewater is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed October 24, 2015

Serenity and style exquisitely reflected in a minimalist mid-century sanctuary. Water to restore what the world extracted. A perfect oasis for a private escape. The exceptional thoughtfulness of hosts Cristina and Rhoni made the experience truly unforgettable. The place is a jewel.

1  Thank 77ono
Sagewater1, Owner at Sagewater Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2016

Thank you for your kind words and we are so happy that Sagewater Spa is now your place, too!

Reviewed October 19, 2015

I was researching extensively for a very specific getaway. I was looking for the following elements: tranquility, hot springs, dearth of people, professionalism, and the perfect rest and relaxation scenario. I had spent a few months researching different venues from Calistoga to San Diego. Time and time I kept coming back to Sagewater Spa and began emailing them about a month in advance to ask questions and to feel out the establishment. Every single question I asked was answered promptly and they were very informative and helpful.

The owners are absolutely fabulous. Christina and Rhoni create a very personalized and welcoming experience for each guest. I arrived a little late in the evening and kept in touch with them throughout my drive. When I got there, they were waiting to greet my boyfriend and me with their signature Grandma B’s coffee cake and showed us our room.

There are seven rooms, each equipped with a kitchenette, fair trade coffee, cream, water with sliced citrus (they have their own private well and have the best water. EVER.). The room is planned out and organized for unadulterated rest. If you wanted to steal away for days without going into town you could bring groceries and cook for yourself or try out their impressive poolside grill. The electronics are minimal, there’s one bathroom mirror, and the bed takes center stage. The beds are amazing and all of them have Frette bedding which makes you knock out instantly. Like I said, I would walk into my room and make a beeline for the bed. It was designed to block out distraction and help you unwind.

All I wanted to do was sit in the pool. My skin was silky, my hair felt amazing, and I felt clean mentally and physically. The water is something else.

I wasn’t sure which massage to pick from and Christina suggested their signature Sagewater Spa Massage which incorporates many different techniques. My first thought was that there might be so much going on, that I wouldn’t be able to appreciate the treatment or fully feel satisfied. However, the treatment was amazing and flowed from technique to technique seamlessly.

I appreciate every nuance about the establishment and the owners. Sagewater is pristine and perfect for people looking for quiet, peace, and serenity. Christina, Rhonni, and Tonya take amazing care of their guests, and their pride in their work extends throughout the entire property. I fully expect to return sooner than later.

4  Thank Kady C
PorterHouse09, Owner at Sagewater Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2016

Thank you for your generous review. We are so happy we met your expectations and look forward to greeting you again.

Reviewed October 16, 2015

We had a delightful stay at Sagewater for two nights. We felt like we had the place to ourselves. Very serene and relaxing. The coffee cake mini loaf at our arrival was just an example of the very personal welcome we had while here. The place has a lovely 1945 vintage vibe about it, which is so authentic. Of course, the 90 degree pool and 104 hot tub were a hit for me, because I am always freezing in regular pools. Wished we could have stayed longer. Two wishes I would have had, is a regular shower, rather than a sliding door tub that was showing its age, and I was surprised that we didn't have housekeeping service while we were there, to make up the room and change towels. We were asked if we needed anything, but I didn't realize we were foregoing housekeeping when we said no.

Room Tip: We had the room at the end, which had a direct view of the pool with large windows. Loved that. No bad rooms. No noise.
2  Thank LgkM
PorterHouse09, Owner at Sagewater Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2015

Thank you for your feedback and happy you enjoyed your stay. Regarding fresh towels, we are keenly aware of the CA water shortage and ask guests if they, in your case, "Need anything?" I
apologize that our conservation policies were not clearly communicated. Lesson learned - thank you!

Reviewed September 15, 2015 via mobile

This was my first visit to Sagewater. I discovered this place by searching on line for a quite, serene, non invasive atmosphere. And, I got just that.
Room had a pleasant view of the mountains and wind mills. Air conditioning on all the time, ear plugs help very well. Small refrigerator, gas stove, sink, table chairs, all utensils, and glasses, dishes etc. In kitchen.
Very pleasant pool of low chlorinated water and attached pool of warmer water, not jacuzzi type.
Pleasant views and very relaxing time.
15 minutes to Palm Springs and all the good restaurants there. Joshua tree 20 min the other way. Perfect location.
Overall I pick this my place to return for more mental rejuvenation in the winter.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo