Miracle Springs Resort and Spa(Desert Hot Springs)
US$79
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa(Desert Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$75
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$85/night.

Lido Palms Resort and Spa(Desert Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$102
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

US$95
Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel(Desert Hot Springs)
US$79
US$71
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$80/night.

The Spring Resort & Spa(Desert Hot Springs)
US$159
US$149
Hyundae Resort And Spa(Desert Hot Springs)
US$72
  • Pool
El Morocco Inn & Day Spa(Desert Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$369
Priceline
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 17, 2015

The We Care Spa is a great place to go for a cleanse. This was just my third visit there in 20 years. I did the eight day/seven night cleanse and highly recommend it---hard as it might be to hold in there for eight days. I was amazed the result of what happened in the colonic in day seven---more than in the previous days, so much so that I added a final colonic on check out day. I have done the weekend cleanse there but that's more a tune up, helpful as it is (helped by really keeping the three and four days prior to your weekend to fruits and vegetables). I also did the liver cleanse too which you can easily add.

The folks who do the colonics are great. Couldn't recommend them more highly.

As far as the drinks and teas and protein mixes, supplements, (breakfast/lunch and dinner) you do them yourself...unlike some spas, no one here does it for you. You are given a pouch when you come with all that you will need for your stay and you use this as a stay throughout the treatment, supplement in their kitchen by protein powders, detox powders, detox mixes, teas, etc. plus a light soup at night.

What is also great about WeCare is the people who go there----amazing people from all walks of life from all over the world. When you're detoxing, you're a community, and trying to detox by yourself is hard, but in a community setting, it's much easier and it's hard at We Care not to meet interesting people that will make your stay go faster and be more fun.

We Care is situated on a large piece of property in Desert Hot Springs CA. If you love the desert, you should love the property and there are walking paths there for meditation, etc. etc. Of course, it's hotter than heck in the summer but I love the desert so I can work around that. And if you yearn for a bit of civilisation, you can be in downtown Palm Springs in 20 minutes (in fact I'd recommend going in for walking street night on Thursday in downtown Palm Springs)..

You can do yoga every morning, sometimes preceded by walks. And they offer different kinds of classes and lectures each day.

And there are some interesting talks and demonstrations. I particularly loved the cooking demonstration that Brigette does---showing the miracles of the Vita Mix, etc. etc. Two people led the cooking demonstration the week I was there but Brigettes was by far the most fun and interesting---try to catch hers if you can if you are there for the full eight days.

Like most places, some rooms are better than others. I had a room in the "Colony" which was very nice and had a great bed and super linens.

Although not billed as a weight loss center, I lost 14 pounds in my week at We Care (I'm a man---apparently men lose more).

And is it expensive? Yes, but you know that going in. I also go to a cleansing center overseas in Thailand and for the same price as a week at We Care, I can fly to Thailand, take a boat to a wonderful fasting center on a gorgeous island called Koh Phangan situated on a fantasy stretch of white beach, and do a weeks cleanse and fly back all for the same price----but is it as good as getting colonics from the folks at We Care? No. Not the colonic part. In fact, you do the colonics yourself. Ouch. Is it effective, yes, but We Care does offer fantastic services, even though the massage prices are definitely high and those add ons can add a lot to your bill above your base rate (one of the reasons I cannot give it a five star rating for value).

For what it's worth, I did do one cleanse one year at WeCare and stayed off site and came every day---but it's much nicer to live onsite and makes for better camaraderie versus coming and going.

And I do recommend trying to hold out for the eight day cleanse---or even the six day cleanse----the results are dramatically more effective, although the weekend can certainly set your mind straight again and purge you from some and habits and can only help. But you can also do a cleanse that ends on a Friday instead of a Sunday.

All in all, a great experience and I've left and have held onto my lessons, whether it be about what to eat, and how to eat, etc. and will return.

Note that sometime in 2016 they are probably going to go into construction mode (now there are 17 rooms I believe and they are going to double this---so you may want to inquire about this if you are sensitive to noise)

Room Tip: The newer rooms!
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank WorldTravelerAsia
Reviewed September 10, 2015 via mobile

this is the nicest place ever. Went there for a detox with a friend and it was amazing. The staff was extremely nice and everything very professional. Recommend this place if you want to relax or have a detox.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Agnes S
Alex K, Operations Manager at We Care Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2015

Dear Agnes S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to see that your experience was positive and relaxing. When you feel that it's time to detox, relax and re-charge, remember that our reservations team is only a phone call away.

We Care Spa team is looking forward to welcoming you and your friend back!

Reviewed August 6, 2015 via mobile

My older male cousin was so jazzed by this place I had to check it out. It's expensive.
I stayed from Sunday to Friday. Once I added on treatments I was well over 3k. Now mind you there is no food or booze or entertainment.
But what I did come away with was a clean body, new knowledge about food, my colon, the
way I eat and drink, things I can change if I choose to, and some silly stuff I would never do. But there is certainly all types of people there. From young college girls on up. Me. Woman both. People came the week I was there from Europe, New York, Arkansas, all over Cali and me from Phoenix. It's an intimate setting. Very well taken care of grounds. My room very nice. Very much so the desert. It is not a place of luxury. The staff could not have been nicer and Suzanna the owner is amazing. She is nearly or perhaps already 80 and so alive and well. She's so knowledgable about everything natural. I enjoyed listening to her most of all.
I'm not sure if I'll go back but I would certainly recommend it to anyone considering it. You will feel better and have a lot to think about. I lost weight and have a glow I didn't arrive with.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank LocalTravelerAZ
Reviewed March 3, 2015

We Care is very professional, organized and well-maintained health spa. I have wonderful memories of my stays at We Care dating back to the days when it was Susana's kitchen and she prepared many of the “meals” herself. For a decade I would visit from Ontario, Canada once sometimes twice a year for week long stays. The instructions given to clients advising them to prepare ahead is the best tip as well as to come with the right mindset that it is for detox… not major weight loss.
Some stays would be for as long as 10days and I would leave feeling completely refreshed and revitalized. My skin was glowing and my eye color much brighter than when I arrived. I learned to appreciate food, pray beforehand, slow down and really savor the meal in the moment. After my first stay, a planter’s wart disappeared from the sole of foot and I was a believer in colonics and healthy eating.
The variety of reading material available at We care, DVDs and lectures enlightened me to the power of the Colon cleanse. The small clientele, exercise classes, trail walks, guest therapists, caring staff, casual “homey” feel, grounds and tranquil setting all add to the appeal.
The basics that I learned, cookbook Healthy Living remains the standard for me in the quest for mindfulness in what I put into my body, and trying to be my healthiest self. On a We Care visit in 2003 I met one of my now dearest friends. Over the last 12 years, we still joke about the first time we actually sat down and enjoyed a meal together. At We Care, we only saw each other drinking out of a We Care mug and dreaming about food.
Getting older is inevitable, but aging is optional. Susana Lombardi the founder is the picture of aging beautifully and sets a high bar.
Due to the escalating cost of the week long stay and more commercial aspect, I haven’t been in several years but appreciate the emails for the last minute cancellations. My “deposit” is still on file and one day I hope to return. I look forward to Susana's new book. Namaste to all the readers of this review!

Room Tip: For the money & location...My favorite is the king bed room on corner
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank Bcr8tve
Reviewed November 20, 2014

I came here for a detox weekend last month after a particularly stressful project at work. I live in LA so the drive is quick. Besides feeling completely energized and uplifted from the massages, juices and colonics, I was able to lose some weight and my digestion improved greatly - which I was also hoping would be a result of my detox. I was so impressed by the kind and helpful staff and the cleanliness and beauty of the facility. I felt taken care of and relaxed throughout my entire stay. If time allows, I will go back again after the holidays.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo