“The Great Reviews are True!”

Lido Palms Resort and Spa
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Desert Hot Springs
Lake Bluff, Il.
“The Great Reviews are True!”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Thanks to other Trip Advisor contributors for alerting us to this great property. It might not have occurred to me to look across the highway from Palm Springs in Desert Hot Springs to find a reasonably priced but comfortable lodging option, but the reveiws were so compelling we had to try the Lido Palms. Despite the 12-15 minute drive to the heart of Palm Springs (made a bit longer by construction projects at the end of last fall), this place is a winner. The manager clearly takes great pride in the property, and that pride is reflected in every detail. Pools are heated to exact temperatures (delightfully warm in even the largest and coolest pool) and monitored and maintained -- along with each of the rooms, the common areas, and the gardens. If you want two beds in one room, this is probably your best bet in the entire Coachella Valley, where, like other picturesque areas, all the hoteliers seem to assume that any two people who travel together want to sleep together. About half the rooms at the Lido Palms enjoy 2 queen beds (vs. one king in the others), but all are Tempurpedic and wonderfully comfortable, even for fussy sleepers. The rooms are huge with full kitchens and breakfast seating areas, and best of all, no room is farther than a few steps from those fabulous pools. The decor is more funky than flashy, but it's all wonderfully functional, comfortable, and clean
One of us was recovering from arthroscopic knee surgery, and found the Lido Palms to be just what the doctor ordered -- well, not really, but he would have ordered it if he'd known about it!

Room Tip: You can select a specific room on-line; we asked for advice when we called, and the manager was very...
4 Thank ThriftyPosh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Collingwood
Reviewed 27 January 2012

The Lido Palms is a refreshing alternative to the big corporate hotels that are so common these days. We stayed two days and luxuriated in the three pools that the resort offers. The rooms are clean, perfectly maintained and there is simply a relaxing feel to the place. This is a great place to stay if you are touring the Palm Springs area. A real gem. Honest.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank goodtravelkarma
Kenosha, WI
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights in November and loved it. The pools were perfect. The air was cool (50ish), the pools warm and the moon full. The room was bigger than my first apartment and the kitchen area a very welcome feature. Our host (Greg? Gary?) was helpful but unobtrusive - the perfect host. I hope to be back soon.

2 Thank work_4_beans
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I have been coming and bringing groups to the lido palms for about 8 years. I rent the whole hotel and have found my experiences and treatment outstanding. The hotel is always spotlessly clean, the grounds have a beauty to them, the water is perfect and our hosts are always willing to adjust the water to our likes. I am made to feel it is my home and when i host retreats twice a year, the women's comments are always about how wonderful the place is.Beds are quite comfortable , the public areas are lovely. I have also been coming when i can with my husband and it is always a wonderful get away. I highly recommend the lido palms

Room Tip: The rooms with only a kingsize bed have a kitchen area where the door can be closed. The other rooms...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank olivia s
Fontana, California
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Recently stopped by to book some R&R for my girlfriend's birthday. Got sidetracked and walked across the street to check out a new house being built. Walked back to Lido Palms and was immediately accosted by a Mr. Perez who insisted he was a part owner. I think that is definitely not the case as no owner would ever brandish a sharpened metal spike menacingly at potential guests. Mr. Perez insisted that we were not potential guests and demanded that we leave or he would call the police, all the while shaking that metal spike at us.

My friend who was trying to show me a nice place to treat my girlfriend might have been mistaken for a contractor because he was driving a Jeep that had a ladder hanging out the back because he is a local investor and was inspecting some potential acquisitions immediately prior to our arrival. I still cannot understand how abusive Mr. Perez became even though we insisted we were trying to make a booking. It should have been blatantly obvious that I in my Lexus with North Carolina license plates was definitely not a contractor.

I have never experienced such insulting, rude and offensive behavior. Mr. Fuji (I researched who the actual owner is), if you read these reviews you definitely at a minimum need to provide sensitivity training to Mr. Perez. If I were Mr. Fuji I would fire Mr. Perez on the spot.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank W H
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 19 November 2011

An updated motel surrounding a warm pool with adjacent cauldron-like hot tub. Comfortable beds, kitchenette equipped with utensils and a canister of coffee for the coffee pot. Very clean and well appointed. Felt well-treated and at-home comfortable.

Room Tip: they all appear fine....I visited at least six rooms
2 Thank johnfjohnston
Dana Point, California
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Lido is a perfect, peaceful place to relax and enjoy the tranquil setting that this quaint retreat provides. We took advantage of renting out all of the charming 10 rooms for a couples weekend (would also be perfect for the girls) and had the entire place to ourselves. We spent most of the time chilling by the three refreshing mineral pools and making delicious meals on the BBQ. We also enjoyed very relaxing spa treatments and nearby trips to amazing hiking trails. All in all it was a GREAT extended weekend and we can't wait to go back soon.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple