“Good, Humble Greek Food”
Review of Cafe Opa

Cafe Opa
Ranked #29 of 272 Restaurants in Downey
Reviewed June 10, 2017

I met a friend here for lunch after my neighbor raving for years how good the food was here. Glad we gave it a shot! We both had the "Plakoti" which they describe as "Greek-style stuffed pizza with Chicken, Gyro, or Donair, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, cheese, and OPA sauce." Again, we both opted for the lamb (gyro) which is very thinly shaved and then piled onto the 'sandwich'. Not sure I'd call this a pizza, per say, more like a flat, circular grilled sandwich as there is a top and bottom. Whatever, it is really delicious! The Opa sauce is divinely flavored with plenty of garlic and has a creamy consistency. Yummers! It costs $8.95, so not super cheap as nothing comes with it, but you won't leave hungry, that's for sure. Mind you, there's nothing fancy about this place, but it is clean and decent. You can order at the counter and they will bring your food, or you can sit at a table and waitstaff will come take your order. Try it, RECOMMEND!

Reviewed February 5, 2017

This is one of our go to restaurants in Downey. They simply have the best, freshest Greek salad we've every had. Everything on the menu is good -- there are often multiple lamb dishes to choose from, and the pastitsio (think Greek lasagna) melts in your mouth. Their hamburgers are delicious, too. The prices are extremely reasonable. Great for a quick meal -- lunch or dinner are our faves -- or, consider them for catering a large gathering at your home. Café Opa is a great value for fresh, delicious food!

Reviewed December 25, 2016

I've been twice. Ordered the same pork loin sandwich twice. The first time was probably the best sandwich I've ever had. Perfect in every way. The pork was tender, cooked and sliced to perfection. The second time was possibly the worst sandwich I've had. Full of fat and tough as shoe leather. When I complained to the waitress her only comment was "well maybe it will be better next time". No my dear no next time for me. Consistency is so important in any business, especially restaurants. When customers complain.. pay attention staff! Needless to say, the only way I'll be back is if I want to gamble on the quality of meal I'll receive.

Reviewed September 12, 2016

I have eaten at this restaurant for years! I am a teacher and we call our orders in, and they have them ready when we get there, and make sure to get us seated and eating right away, as they know we have a short lunch. The food is ALWAYS hot, fresh and delicious! I love the Greek salad with chicken and the chicken skewers with the OPA potatoes....I always feel like I've been good to my body after I eat here!

Reviewed August 6, 2016

We had a variety of dinners and all were good. The salmon souvlaki was a bit dry - but still excellent. The service was some of the best I have ever had!

Been to Cafe Opa? Share your experiences!