“Nasty EXPENSIVE NOSY AND NOT WORTH A PENNY”

The Regency Inn & Suites, Downey
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Downey
Hollywood, Maryland
“Nasty EXPENSIVE NOSY AND NOT WORTH A PENNY”
Reviewed 1 August 2011

The room was nasty carpets are old and DIRTY!!! The towels are not white they are gray!!!! The room smelled like urine and MILDEW!! I would never recommend it not even for a HOMELESS person..I do not no how they are still in business....The mattress feels like u are sleeping on just SPRINGS......Never will they get a dime from me..

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Phoenix
Reviewed 1 June 2011

Was aprehensive upon arrival, however got in room it was spacious, very clean and Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. My meeting was changed and they accomodated my schedule by permitting a later check out. This hotel was located close to where my meeting was, no traffic to deal with and decent restaurants, gas stations close as well.
Beneficial for my business trip and no loud late night noise.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank PhoenixkWork
mt vernon
Reviewed 23 February 2009

The cost of the hotel wasn't bad... and it was "recommened" by the sponsers of the training I was going to. I really didn't see any bad reviews so I thought I'd give it a shot. When I arrived, the first thing I noticed was the liquor store that was right next to it that posted a banner of "new management." There were security camera's from the '70's posted on the surrounding buildings and I walk into the "lobby" which was a small entrance infront of a plexi-glass window like what you would see at the local stop-n-rob bank. This is where they had the free breakfast in the morning which consisted of coffe, Orange juice (sunny-D), and small pastries individually packaged like you'd get at a gas station.
Up to my room... I found that the room was fairly large and would have been nice if it weren't for the horrid VERY strong smell of perfume and/or Febreeze smell in the room. The floor was dirty and stained. The bath towels were old and showing their age. I sat down at the couch and looked at the wall and that is when I noticed the graffiti that was on one of the pieces of furnature and up on the wall. The curse words were sort-of washed off although you could still see them a little bit and the other words/symbols were just left alone.
So while I was there a male (a John) and his female companion (prostitute) rolled in and stayed for a few hours before checking out so that was nice to see... So there was a pool and no workout room so I thought I'd check it out. It appeared to be closed although if it were open I would only suggest it for little kids or unless you just wanted to sit in the water because it's about the size of a puddle. All in all, there is no way I'd ever stay here again or suggest to ANY pour soul to stay here unless you were used to ruffing it. (Oh yeah, you get a LOT of traffic noise and you get free non-encripted wireless internet however not from your room since I didn't get any reception enough to connect to anything)

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank youllwonderwhy

Travellers are raving about these Downey hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Downey
0.5 km away
0.2 km away
American Inn
American Inn
#4 of 8 in Downey

Been to The Regency Inn & Suites, Downey? Share your experiences!