“Hummus, Kebobs, tabbouleh... YUMMM”

Green Olive Mediterranean Cuisine
Ranked #8 of 258 Restaurants in Downey
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Description: Specialties Healthy Mediterranean Food. Shawerma, Falafel, Tawook, Shrimp, Salmon, Kids Meals, Kabob, Lula Kabob, Spicy Potatoes, Cucumber Dip, Wraps, Salds, Tabouli, Lamb, Whole Chicken and Much More... History Established in 2012. Green Olive was established with great flavor in mind. We make everything from scratch here at our restaurant. We thrive on providing great customer service and quality food. Green Olive "Where the Flavor Is" Meet the Business Owner Sam S. Sam S. Business Owner A city of Downey local with a passion for the Mediterranean heritage and healthy delicious cuisine. He opened his doors for business in 2012 with only quality, flavor and great customer service on his list. This passion has made Green Olive the local destination to experience the Mediterranean without leaving home.
Reviewed April 28, 2016

All good here. Everything tastes great and nothing is too over powering. make sure you get a side of that garlic sauce.. its deeelish and it pairs well with almost anything and everything.

Reviewed April 13, 2016

Food is very good, not great but the problem is there are too many people. I got my food after 15 minutes but my friend had to wait another 10 minutes. If you have an hour lunch break, you can't make it back on time if you eat at this place.

Reviewed February 20, 2016

Don't blink when you drive by this strip mall location. You may miss the corner location. If you walk by, nab a take out menu so you can get an idea of the myriad of options one can find here. If there is no line and you can find a table indoors or outdoors, give yourself an hour to delight your tastebuds with the various spices, meats, dips and so much more made right before your eyes. Keep the menu; you will want to call in an order for the days you cannot linger while waiting for a table or for the crowds to thin out. Yes, CROWDS. Businessmen, women who work, retired couples---you will see it all here. Word is out about the quality and taste of the food plus the generous serving sizes. I have actually been able to make 3 meals out of one order when asking for a doggy bag. Totally worth the price, even if you need to share the platter with your table companion. The hummus haunts your tastebuds. Use the pita bread to sop up every bit or make little pocket sandwiches with the various protein choices. The salads are unlike anywhere else as the dressing is the star of the meal. My one regret? I live within walking distance so the temptation level is off the charts.

Reviewed October 13, 2015

I wanted something different for lunch and the Green Olive did not disappoint. The beef/chicken kabobs with potato/salad was delish! I loved the food so much they ended up catering our office meeting. The only reason I gave them a four was because they used too much garlic in the hummus for me. However, all you garlic lovers are going to love the Green Olive, it's excellent. I would highly recommend them

Reviewed September 9, 2015 via mobile

The food is fresh, healthy and flavorful. The service is good, prices are fair and the portions are extremely generous, we literally share our meals, its just so much, but we're not complaining. Love it!

Been to Green Olive Mediterranean Cuisine? Share your experiences!