“Legit Sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

Went here after landlord recommended it. Sad I waited as long as I have to go. The rolls I had were all very good and well prepared. They had a jumber of combinations I had not seen before at other sushi places which was a nice change. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed July 11, 2018

I grew up in Vancouver, Canada, which has an excellent selection of inexpensive and high-quality sushi joints. Since moving to Europe and Chicago, finding good sushi has become more challenging/expensive. During our recent trip to Yosemite NP, my husband and I decided to stop for a sushi lunch before flying back to Chicago. We chose Amakara in Dublin based on Google/Yelp reviews.

We arrived around 1:30pm on a Tuesday without a reservation and were seated promptly. The restaurant was surprisingly busy for a Tuesday lunch (90% full), which we took as a good sign. We ordered salmon and tuna sashimi, California Roll, Dragon Roll, and Spider Roll. The sashimi was not very fresh. I can find better sashimi in Chicago. However, the rolls were well-made with good rice-to-filling ratio and high quality ingredients (real crab meat instead of imitation crab meat). The Dragon Roll was so good that we ordered another one.

Our meal for two costs $85, which is very reasonable by California standards, and we did eat a lot of sushi. Service was friendly, prompt, and efficient.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

This is a great spot to get good, fresh sushi and other Japanese items. The prices are in line with other quality sushi restaurants and they offer a great selection of rolls, nigiri and sashimi among other things. The main downside with this restaurant is that it's very noisy and is usually very crowded. But it can be worth the wait if you want good sushi!

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Great atmosphere and excellent menu. You will not be disappointed in any choice here. The grilled edamame is a fantastic starter. We tried many of the rolls from the spicy section and loved every one. Can't wait to return here again.

Reviewed January 9, 2018

The Amakara is the ne-best Japanese food you will find in the Tri-Valley area.

A genuine Japanese food: simple but full of taste and affordable.

You will find very good entries (e.g. Donburi, Katsudon, Teriakis etc) and Wonderfull rolls

This is the place if you like a genuine Japanese food :)