“Seen better days” 2 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sacramento, California
“Seen better days”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

This place is past it's prime. It's a large rambling place and seems like a giant retro motel more than a hotel.

The staff were all friendly and helpful, in fact, very much so.

The room was dated (decor, color schemes, carpets, cottage cheese ceiling, etc). Bathroom small and cramped. Not very good sound proofing, so neighbors activities and voices are a factor. Bed was soft and uneven.

General ambience was poor. Hallways smelled like somebody overdid it with some kind of antiseptic cleaner. Overall, the place needs a major remodel.

The room was a relative bargain on short notice compared to others in the area ($99) but I won't stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank BandD1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

Over this is not a bad hotel. I am staying for 2 nights. The staff is friendly and courteous, there are restaurants nearby including Outback Steakhouse, hooters, Starbucks as well as the on property restaurant. The hotel lobby is updated with the refreshed Holiday Inn look. Upon arrival I received my typical upgrade for being Platinum to a larger room with the courtyard balcony along with a bottle of water and 20% off at the restaurant. There is an indoor heated pool and hot tub along with a workout facility with three pieces of equipment. The room was clean and newly upgraded as well with a flat panel TV and Sleep Number™ beds. I wish they had more outlets available bedside for plugging in my iPad and phone. In room 303 the Internet was intermittent and when connected was incredibly slow, I ended up using my air card. Overall the stay was nice and clean.

Room Tip: There is a highway on the south side of the hotel, to avoid the notice request a north facing room.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SioneT, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Dublin, responded to this review, 20 May 2012
Thank you for your feedback, we are pleased to see that your overall experience here was great. I want to apologize for your experience with our wireless internet service. We will be sure to take the proper steps needed to insure that this will not be a reacurring issue. If you want to contact me directly on this matter my email address is sione@hidublinca.com.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Thanks Again,
Sione Tupouata
Front Office Supervisor
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

I stay there for 4 nights. I got a room in the executive section. It had a bed where you select your firmness. The hotel had a few perks for pc members. The internet was slow most of the time, they need to work on this. The hotel is close to food and shopping. The room was clean but a bit small. They took care of your every need.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnDublin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dublin, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Thank you for your feedback, and for being a PCR member. I'm pleased to read that you felt well taken care of and liked the proximity to off property amenities. I want to apologize for your experience with our internet speed, as mentioned. We want to look into and address any connectivity issues as mentioned in your review. Should you want to share more in detail, please email me directly at your convinience.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to the tri-valley area.

At your service,

Shady Cove, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

Looks like a lot of recent renovations. Clean. Near Restaurants and bowling alley. Comfortable office chair to work at desk in room. Sleep number bed better than most firm beds found at many hotels.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paula P
Thank you for your feedback. And you are right; we have recently refreshed our rooms and public space. I'm glad that you also enjoyed your select comfort bed.

We look forward to having you here again, should you travels bring you back to the area.

Kindest regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

My stay at holiday inn was a life saver! I had been in California for about a week and was truly not satisfied at the hotel where I was staying. A business associate recommended te holiday inn in dublin california and it was truly a blessing! Th ammentities and the location was next to everything I needed for a pleasurable stay! I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed October 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our Hotel. It is good to read that you enjoyed the property, and the amenities that it offers. We appreciate your business and hope to be your hotel of choice yet again.

Clovis, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

Nice clean hotel, great, friendly, efficient service. Nice area, good security and two nice restaurants next door. I can't even think of a complaint.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnDublin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dublin, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I would also like to thank you for being a friend of the brand. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and its good to read that we achieved that .

At your service,

US
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

Hotel didn't excite me, but was OK for the business trip.

Sleep Number bets worked well enough and were comfortable, something to consider if you need the adjustable mattresses. Room seemed reasonably clean, except for that toothpick that was on the floor when I arrived and that I left in place to see if it was ever cleaned (it wasn't). So, the overall room and cleanness ratings are down a notch from where they could be.

Heat controls are confusing; as best I can tell, the control unit on the wall has nothing to do with the room heat, but functions as basically a thermometer; I had to find the controls on the wall heater, where I could turn the heat on and off and adjust the temperature up or down.

I tried the hotel restaurant for breakfast once, but one greasy omelette was enough to persuade me to go to Starbuck's or Panera for breakfast (and there are plenty of options in the area, so it's not like you're trapped with hotel food!)

Elevators felt a little rickety, but not unsafe or even unsettling. I actually like to take the stairs, but it took a couple days to find them - if you're paranoid about evacuation routes in an earthquake, you might want to spend fifteen minutes or so just hunting for the alternative exits.

One major annoyance for me was the wireless internet - half the time my laptop could see a good strong signal, but the service's logon page just clocked. I pretty much gave up on trying to even check email from the room.

However, internet worked OK in the business center the one time I used it. Just be sure to delete browser history, temporary files, cookies, etc if you're concerned about that sort of thing; it didn't appear previous users had done so and I'd guess the hotel doesn't have the browsers set to do so on exit.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank NotASurfer
Thank you for choosing our facility and taking time to review the hotel.

I would trully appreciate the opportunity to engage with you directly and review some of the concerns brought up in your feedback, and also hear what we could have done differently to make your stay more memorable, and beyond 'Meh.meh'.

Please reach me directly at 9255747101.

Your friend in hospitality,

Holiday Inn Dublin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
0.5 km away
Hyatt Place Dublin/Pleasanton
2.5 km away
BEST WESTERN PLUS Pleasanton Inn
4.8 km away
Extended Stay America - Dublin - Hacienda Dr.
0.5 km away
Residence Inn Pleasanton
Residence Inn Pleasanton
#6 of 14 in Pleasanton

Been to Holiday Inn Dublin? Share your experiences!