“Great place, great people”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dunsmuir
Cave Springs Resort
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Dunsmuir
“Great place, great people”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I've stayed at cave springs more than once and always had a great experience. It's comfortable, close to Mt. Shasta ski park, close to the Sacramento river, and easy access to I-5.
And the folks that own it are great, fun to talk with, knowledgable able the area and willing to help.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank June2539

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Santa Rosa, California, United States
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I've been going to cave springs with my family for over 20 years. I was under a year old the first time they brought me. First I want to just say how beautfiul this place is, nice grounds with redwood trees. Very nice rustic feel, and everyone who stays there is very friendly. The best part is the Botanical garden/park are right next to it so you can take walk their easily from your cabin and there good fishing there too. The cabins are not super luxury but are very comfy, and homey. Ive stayed with my family in quite a few of the places and ive been happy with all of them. As long as you dont mind rustic id say stay in the cabins, there definitely the best experience but there very basic. If you want a nicer place try and get look-out or one of newer rennovated places. The owners are amazing too, we've known them for along time and their great people. overall I wouldnt stay anywhere else if getting a place in dunsmuir.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank ThomasReg
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Been staying here for over 20 years & it's great! Louie, Belinda, Sylvia and all the help are always very accommodating to our large family group who converge on the resort every year for a week!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank jeanniereginato
Grass Valley, California
Reviewed 6 April 2012

My wife and I have been to Dunsmuir many times in the late spring, usually part of a group camp. Last year it was way too cold to camp. That's how we discovered the charms of Cave Springs and the lovely family who runs it. It's quite refreshing to still find a family-owned motel with nice people who care for their property and guests. We enjoyed hearing about the plans to go green, including a PV system and on-demand hot water. Last year we opted for one of the motel rooms and were very comfortable at quite modest cost. We're about to plan our annual trip to the area and will probably be tempted by one of the cabins. And if it's way too cold again, who cares. There's a great hot tub!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sunsetmtnwalk
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I have visited Cave Springs every summer for about 15 years until I moved to NYC. There is no other place I would want to go. There are many sights to see within walking distance. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Sacramento, California, United States
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I've stayed at Cave Springs a few times and have always been treated like I'm family. They are helpful at all hours and always have great suggestions of fun activities. My absolute favorite was an easy hike they sent us on right from the resort that ended us at an amazing waterfall and swimming spot! I highly recommend this as a stopping spot for anyone who passes through the Shasta area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I first visited Cave Springs back in 2000 and have gone every now a d then since. This place is so friendly, Mr. Dewey is awesome he know all that there is to know about Dunsmuir and Shasta. The rooms are cool and the river is right there. On one trip I went fishing just down from the cabins and I caught a bass. The jacuzzi is awesome and the pool is great in the summer and that one crazy time we used it in the dead of winter. You can also taste the water from the natural spring that's on the property and is its name sake. Overall it is an awesome place that I will come back to when ever I get a chance.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank JessicaGuillen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunsmuir
1.2 km away
9.0 km away
Shasta Inn
Shasta Inn
#6 of 9 in Mount Shasta

Been to Cave Springs Resort? Share your experiences!