See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 27, 2015

Enchanting and quiet place to relax in this Historical place of the Gold Country. Hiking is great, just ask for the "historic" trails - at the end of 19th century the mules were going back and forth on those trails carrying food and supplies to miners and then, gold to the cities, Colfax and Auburn. It is a challenge to cover all the trails with breathtaking views at the beauty of the mountain lakes and canyons. ATV riding through the gold diggings areas was very cool. BTW, breakfasts are amazing - healthy and delicious.

Date of stay: November 2014
2  Thank Michael L
Reviewed December 17, 2014

It was one of the most memorable event on our two-week trip to California. And definitely the most remarkable hotel we visited. Many thanks to Susan and Tom for their hospitality and advises. We recommend everybody to experience the climate of this beautifully renovated historic building. The village inspires thoughts about the gold rush times. Excellent place to stay while visiting the Tahoe National Park. We wish all the best to Susan and Tom!
Helene, Konstantin, Mari, Mihkel.

Date of stay: November 2014
1  Thank Konstantin A
Reviewed September 10, 2014

Dear Susan,

A message from the Dutch girls! After a long trip from Burning Man, we unexpectedly drove through the village Dutchflat: a hidden paradise with a beatiful hotel runned by a lovely lady! We got a warm welcome when we arrived, so we felt home right away. The interior of the hotel is authentic, romantic and really warm. We could only stay for one day, but we wished we could stay the whole week!

We advice everybody to make a stop at Dutchflat; you will definitely love this place!

See you next year!

A big kis from all of us; Hester, Leanne, Kunna, Annemarie, Eveliene and Jolien

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank jokelieneke d
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Sussy hope you remeber me I am Robin from Bloomingt In and I work at Cracker Barrel I would love to see the Banners that you bought from us and put up fpr the 4th of july. And I hope that you enjoyed the treat that I sent in the package for you too. I really did enjoy our short visit but you have a special way about you that was really easy to connect to. I hope that you enjoyed the pretzels i love them. Thanks again and I veiwed the photos of your place and it is just the perfect place to visit someday..contact me at lawsonrobin2001@yahoo.com

Date of stay: July 2010
1  Thank robinlawson2001
Reviewed July 15, 2009

We rented the entire hotel for 3 days for a small family reunion (23). We were allowed full access to the commercial kitchen and outdoor gas grills in order to feed this crowd. They even had a fire pit and marshmallow sticks for S'mores. Bedrooms were large and beautifully furnished. Wonderful and gracious hosts in Sussy and Tom. Well maintained historic building was the perfect location for our event.

Date of stay: July 2009