All reviews business hotel office park stanford university large tub room service outstanding hotel luxury hotel business trip self parking house car rooms are spacious perfect stay rooftop pool hotel restaurant i highly recommend this hotel fitness center short drive
Reviewed February 19, 2018

Went there for a family gathering on Feb 18, 2018. When we arrived at approx 1025 am (in a light blue Range Rover), there were two doormen and a valet parking attendant in front of the hotel's front entrance. For some mysterious reasons, none of them came up, greeted us, or took the car key, like you would expect at a five-star hotel. After sitting and waiting inside the car for awhile, seems like eternity, I exited the car, walked over to the valet booth and gave the attendant my car key. Then, we had the great pleasure of opening the hotel front door. It would have been okay if these staff were busy, but they were not. We were the only car/group there! It made us felt unwelcome there. Management ought to review to surveillance video and have a friendly chat with the aforementioned staff. Guests do expect five-star service at Four Seasons.

Trip type: Travelled with family
FourSeasonsPaloAlto, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Silicon Valley at East Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent arrival experience to the hotel. We took your suggestion and reviewed the activities on the driveway. Unfortunately, the movement of a particular guest coincided with your arrival and we were able to see that the staff you reference were not hotel employees. They were the private staff of a guest and our hotel valet was assisting someone else. We certainly understand how you felt by not being personally greeted and we do apologize. Please contact me should you wish to discuss further. We would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Norma Textor-Wong
Director of Marketing

Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

The Four Season is a very fine 5 star Hotel in Palo Alto. Located in East Palo Alto. Beautiful building with the exclusive touch. The room in the sixth floor was spacious unfortunately with a view to the highway. The Hotel is equipped with a terrace pool (heated) and a gym with all relevant tools and equipment for your excercises. Breakfast was really good, no self service. Typically huge portions that are not manageable for a person with normal appetite. I recommend the blueberries pancakes to share with your partner or colleague. The restaurant is propably very good, but we had only the opportunity to take the dinner in one of the ballrooms. And this was the worst dinner ever! Never thought that it could be so bad. The three course menue for 149$ per person was comprised of a small salad with beet root and a desert made of commercially available puff pastry with marmelade and a pear derived from the can. But the worst thing was the main course. Chickenleg (good), with poridge. Never thought someone would make this combination! As we were a big group we ordered a less expensive menue. And that was what we get. In general the prices are too high and the low rating is related to our really bad experience with the dinner event mainly. Under normal circumstances the rating would be higher. Too bad that the Hotel did not deliver on this.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2018

My wife and I, who live in Carmel, needed to find a hotel in Palo Alto near to where my wife would be having cataract surgery the next morning.

I wanted my wife to be in a cozy and warm environment the night before the surgery. We also required a late checkout as the surgery would be in the early morning, and we needed to stay in the area for a 4;00 p.m. post operative appointment with the ophthalmologist. To say that staying at the Four Seasons filled all our requirements would be a vast understatement.

From check with Marek at the front desk, through a meal at Quattro for dinner, to a wonderful bed and great amenities, we couldn't have been happier for better cared for. Of particular note to me was the absolute friendliness of the valets at the port chachere. I had to drive in the morning to drop off my wife, return to the hotel, pick her up after the surgery, go back to the hotel, wait in the afternoon, then pick up the car again for the post operative visit. These fellows were extraordinarily nice and very attentive to our needs.

Those who know about cataract surgery, know both eyes are done in a two week period. So, two weeks later, we went back to this marvelous hotel with even better results. I have been to a number of Four Season properties, but this one really stands out. Thanks so much to all who made our stay relaxing and calming.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
FourSeasonsPaloAlto, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Silicon Valley at East Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2018

Hi Lawrence,
I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to create a cozy place to stay for your wife and yourself during her procedure. It is always a pleasure to read reviews that mention our amazing staff. Marek and the team on the front drive and in Quattro will be so happy to know that they made your stay with us a memorable one.

Please come back to visit us again soon, it would be so great to have the opportunity to personally welcome you back, perhaps next time for a relaxing weekend exploring Palo Alto with your wife.

Warm Regards,
Thomas Dyer
Front Office Manager

Reviewed February 7, 2018

The bedding and pillows on the bed were heavenly. Truly exceptional room. Everything was clean. The rubber ducky in the bathtub was a fun touch that our kids enjoyed. The kids enjoyed the pool, although I found it to be a bit cold (we were there during one of the coldest time of the year, January). We attended a party during the evening hosted in the ballroom. The food and drinks were delicious and the service was excellent. This was a unique experience for us--probably one of a handful of times I'll stay in such a fine hotel in my life--and it exceeded our expectations.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Four Seasons
Reviewed February 5, 2018

The big stuff was good - we have no complaints about the rooms or the food . The issue were the little things that felt very "un-four-season-ish". The same empty cup was sitting on the table next to our elevator for our entire stay, it actually became funny. The complimentary coffee was either empty or there were no cups in the heart of the morning rush every morning and it took about an hour to re-fill; seemed like a labor shortage. The spa was sold out during our stay - we never got a chance to use the services. The valet attire didn't match , etc etc - not a true four seasons

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Four Seasons
FourSeasonsPaloAlto, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Silicon Valley at East Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2018

Hi David, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience, I'm disappointed to hear that we let you down when it came to the little things like the empty cup near the elevator, lack of cups at the coffee station and the availability of complimentary coffee during the morning rush. We pride ourselves on being masters of these small details and I'm sorry that on this occasion we fell short. We certainly don't aspire to be unremarkable and have taken your comments to heart as we continually look for ways to improve the overall experience. Once again, thank you for sharing this important feedback with us and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime in the near future.

Warm Regards,