“Love this place and their Huge sandwiches”
Review of Philly Steak Sub

Philly Steak Sub
Ranked #65 of 381 Restaurants in El Cajon
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed February 17, 2018

Dude this place rocks, who doesn’t like philly cheese steak sandwiches and you better get a doggie bag because these are freaking huge! Come by and check out all the famous people and their pictures on their wall.

Reviewed January 24, 2017 via mobile

When it comes to comfort food that I grew up with in eastern PA, I'm a purist. I don't eat pineapple on pizza, I don't use a spoon to twirl my pasta, and my Philly cheesesteak sandwiches had better come with just meat, caramelized onions, melted cheese and bread. No arguments.

But today I committed sacrilege; I had a cheesesteak sandwich with... ugh, I hate to even say it... green stuff on it--shredded lettuce, peppers and... wait for it... avocado. (Hey, it's California... enough said?)

Well, I swear by all things that are sacred and holy I never thought these words would escape my lips: DAMN it was GOOD!!

Now while it's not a true Philly cheesesteak, when coupled with some Tastykakes for desert, it's well worth checking out.

1  Thank Dennis M
Reviewed January 13, 2017

Meat was good. Rolls lacked the crustyness of a real philly steak. They also did not have wiz. But they had tasty cakes and Pennsylvania Dutch Birch Beer. For where we are is was welcomed. If they were in philly their doors would be closed real fast.

Reviewed December 28, 2016 via mobile

Great food, dine in or take out.
Not only do they have steak they serve Chicken and Turkey phillys. All have great flavor.
Only place to get an philly sandwich in San Diego.

Reviewed November 3, 2015

We love to stop by and get Philly's to go! They are delicious! Only problem is the crowds. You can call ahead and order - (619) 442-2036

Been to Philly Steak Sub? Share your experiences!