See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 13, 2018

1) Hasn't been remodeled since...well. probably ever.
2) Wear your socks in the room then throw them away afterwards
3) Park where you can see your vehicle (at least you'll have a chance to catch the tweakers stealing you stuff to trade for a 20-bag
4) Tent town complete with the usual tweaker crowd is right across the street for your entertainment.

* If OSHA showed up, this place would have plywood on the windows the next day.
Get the picture? Don't do it.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank BenEveryWhereO
Tamuna T, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - El Cajon / San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. We apologize for the unfortunate issues you encountered during your stay.

Thank you for staying at our hotel and sharing your feedback with us, it will allow us to improve our service and overall experience.
We take pride of the quality of service of our staff, you pointed out areas of improvement that I am personally working on in order to offer a flawless service in each of the areas of the hotel. Because of this, I apologize for the inconveniences you had in your stay and assure you that this isolated situations will be corrected.

A&B Hotels

Reviewed October 15, 2017

Remove this place from your search (alot of stragglers in area)(broken down cars in parking lot) They asked for $30 deposit handed me a TV remote, floors were sticky This place is so dirty worried about bed bugs

Room Tip: Do not stay in this place (it is so dirty)...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 96alfonsov
Tamuna T, Public Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - El Cajon / San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Dear Guest,

A&B Hotels

Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

I was here for a business trip and let me tell you it was the worst place to stay at ever. Most America's Best Value is not DIRTY like this. Floors were sticky and dirty. They don't even change out their sheets or even clean the rooms! I went in and I already saw pieces of hair on the pillows and sheets.
I automatically called for new sheets, some lady said she'd bring them and hung up on me before I could finish. I called them back and I told them that it was really rude. Anyways so that lady comes to our room and tries to make up for the mistake by asking if we need more towels and I was like sure why not. So I followed her to the laundry room (dingy af) she hands me the towels but drops one of them and proceeds to give it to me like?????? No I don't want this????? But whatever I didn't care at that point cause she was already annoying me so I put it off to the side in the room. Checked for bed bugs, didn't see any. While we stayed here the power went out. Nothing we could do there. I guess the tv was a plus but we shouldn't have to pay $10 for a remote if we don't want to watch tv and know for a fact we'd be gone most of the day.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Brook O
Tamuna T, Public Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - El Cajon / San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2017

Dear valued guest,

Reviewed July 23, 2017

I asked for early ck in- Nope!
So I said I would be back at 3 which is time of ck in -nope
Girl says 6 pm as her maid( 1maid forhotel) could not clean.
Then she wanted a $10 deposit cash for. Remote or damage to be given back- so I had to go get cash.
Room was dingy, so I checked for bed bugs did not see them.
Did not bring in suitcase though. First night I staid at convention
center over night. Came back to motel, smoke alarm battery was beeping. They say get on a chair and take it out. May I have a new one to put in- nope
The second night when I came back to room no cleaning of room and no towels. Had to go to desk. Third night/ bed bugs . I broke in an allergic reaction . Got plastic bags at 3:25 am- bagged everything including suitcase. At 6 am I got my $10 back- said u have bedbugs. She goes everyone in Ell Cajon has bed bugs.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank jeane676
Tamuna T, Public Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - El Cajon / San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2017

Dear valued guest,

Reviewed July 21, 2017

OMG, I'd never stay there, but I did not want to loose $140 of prepaid reservation,
Really, really bad motel, dirty, sticky....
The receptionist asked for $10 cash security deposit at check-in and handed me a TV remote ( was the deposit supposed to be for the remote?)

Room Tip: Yes, there was TV in a room, but it did not work. Dirty towels and linens
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank PiotrP1706
Tamuna T, Public Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - El Cajon / San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2017

Hello valued guest,

Thank you for staying atour hotel and sharing your feedback with us, it will allow us to improve our service and overall experience.