“Exceptional grinder style sandwiches”
Review of Grinder

Grinder
Ranked #75 of 355 Restaurants in El Cajon
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed August 1, 2016

Very popular and small lunch spot in El Cajon. Good variety of ingredients and toppings and additions. Very fast and friendly service. Reasonable prices. Exterior appearance is rather plain and parking very limited which may make unknowing folks pass it up.

Reviewed January 5, 2016

The best sandwiches I have ever had anywhere! Once you try them, you will never enjoy the chain stores you .thought were good.

1  Thank Linda F
Reviewed February 18, 2015

The grinder has been around forever and continues to make an excellent sandwich. The services is very quick, even when they are busy. The people are always very nice. Every sandwich is good. You can't make a bad choice here.

1  Thank KMcGrew
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

How this "deli" stays open is beyond me. Dirty and without any visual appeal whatsoever. Worst sandwich of my life; lowest quality deli meats (similiar to pre-packaged gas station quality), cheap bland bread, flavorless and dry finished product. I cant imagine anyone Ever making a second visit to this establishment.

El Cajon G, Owner at Grinder, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

I found your review a bit offensive. I'm sorry you have such a poor impression. Our meat may not be top end, but it is quality. We slice all the sandwich products fresh daily. The bread is delivered daily by Gibaldi's Italian Bakery of Little Italy. As far as the 'dirty'....we are told by our County of San Diego, Department of Environmental Health Inspectors that we are one of the cleanest restaurants. I've posted our most recent Health Inspection Report with the grade of 100%. Extremely few get this grade. We just celebrated our 50th year so we do have a strong following of loyal customers and there has to be quite a few of them to stay in business this long. At least you gave us a 3/5 in the service area. :)

Been to Grinder? Share your experiences!