“Excellent Catering Option”

Havana Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #17 of 175 Restaurants in El Monte
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I recently placed a catering order for a party of 15 at my home. The food was just as delicious as it is in the restaurant and there was enough for at least 20 people or likely even more. We ordered pork (masitas de puerco), congri (black beans/white rice combo), yucca, fried plantains (maduros), and bread (comes with a garlic sauce).

The ordering process was done by phone and was easy. The food was ready within minutes of the agreed upon time. The food was well packaged and piping hot.

Excellent experience!

Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is located in a strip mall sharing their parking spaces with other businesses and an apartment building with reserved spaces. Parking spaces are limited at times. The restaurant has daily lunch specials during the week. The restaurant is opened for lunch, dinner and brunch on Sunday. The service was very good. The portions were large and the prices were reasonable. The food was good.

Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

This happen to me twice. One day I decided to take my son to dinner there, i called that day asked what time they closed they said 8. When we got to the restaurant around 7:15. They were already closed, i knock on the door because I saw people there. They told me the cook went home because they didn't have customers.
Last night I checked on line their hours they show open until 10 pm. I had a fiend who had driven from Fontana to meet me there, we got there at 8:30 and again it was closed. Once again I saw a customer inside and they had to open the door but refused to let us in. Two other cars arrived at the same time but they wouldn't let us in. I wonder why have a business if you are not willing to let customers in. It was extremely frustrating. Don't waste your time and gas, just go to tropicana instead in Downy. Although a lot further from my home town south pasadena but at least you know they will be open.

Reviewed June 28, 2017

I started coming to this restaurant 8 years ago and I stop by this restaurant whenever I’m in El Monte. Food and service were ok but when I came last weekend, the service was very bad. They are not that busy, not even half full but the waitress was uncaring, inattentive and looked like I’m bothering her. I ordered ropa vieja from the lunch special menu and the food came within 15 min. It took me 20 minutes to pay, get a to-go box and leave. I had a first at this restaurant I was charged for the to-go container. Never ever I was charged anywhere else for a to-go box except this place. Shame on you Havana Club Restaurant.

Reviewed October 9, 2016 via mobile

It was recommended by my Cuban friend.
It was very reasonable and good portion of foods. Waitress Ali explains about foods we ordered and history of restaurant. She is very friendly and good service!! Foods was very good.