4,413 results
All reviews river view park entrance merced river pizza parlor small kitchenette spa bath double shower closest hotel stove top convenience store indoor pool gas fireplace view room mini kitchen kitchen area minute drive general store
Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here 3 nights due to rain closing the park. It was a clean, nice place to stay. Close to the park entrance with the river running right behind the property. The door did not seal properly so we heard a lot of outdoor noises. Also, opt to eat at the river restaurant versus the pizza place, the pizza was below average.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MEGAN Z
Reviewed April 9, 2018

I probably expected more than what I felt we got. Don't get me wrong the location and views are fantastic. A few miles outside of the park was a bonus, and the view of the Merced River is awesome. They are pet friendly for an additional fee. The bathtub if awesome! We had an in room fireplace, fridge, microwave, stove (including dishes) and kitchen sink. Check in/out was fast and friendly. The cons... The beds are hard, very firm. There looked to be smoke damage all around our room. Very limited facilities when it is off season. Had trouble finding breakfast or a late evening meal even. Internet/wifi - Charge is $10 for 24 hours and even then it is very weak signal. You are only allowed 2 registered devices at a time and you cannot change from one to another. Again the signal is very weak. Cell service in general is slim to nothing (but given the area I don't hold that against the hotel). For the price of the rooms even on sale it seemed internet should be included. Then again that is more my expectations I guess. Not sure if this is normal but having stayed at some other hotels internet was free for guests.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

First, thanks to Chris from Reservations team who patiently helped me with the booking process. I am based in Canada and was joining a family reunion with relatives booking from California. I am glad I called when various websites including the hotel's online system kept showing that there was no availability for April when I was checking in Dec (calling on management to look into this for international guests).
We stayed for 2 nights at a Riverview room at the Sequoia building. Loved the view and sound of the Merced river from the balcony. Hotel is close to entrance of Yosemite and has ample parking. Free coffee and hot chocolate at the lobby. Thankfully the Pizza place was open so we had reasonable dinner. Buy from the grocery at El Portal and consider preparing your own food to save and use the kitchenette. Bed was comfortable and I enjoyed the Jacuzzi tub after a long hike.
Wi-Fi is $10 for 2 devices for 24 hrs. Considering other pricier options in the park and other options in Mariposa that was not as well located, this lodge was good value for us. It's worth your time to plan for food and your itinerary so you don't waste time and money since Yosemite does have limited choices and somewhat remote.
If you are interested in immersing yourself with a good tour during your stay, highly recommend Yosemite Close Up Tours with Ken Boche (there is a poster in the lobby and he picked us up from the hotel).

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2018

Had a day and a half before rains closed the park. Hotel was good and room was clean,easy acces and river view room opened to a raging Merced river. It was nice. People at hotel were very pleasant Location to park is excellent
Only draw back was the restaurant. Service was good and friendly, food needs some work. Hopefully during the summer the meals improve. Would stay here again, much more reasonable than inside the park.

Room Tip: Excellent spot to stay, eat at pizza place
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnsrca
Reviewed April 6, 2018

The location is great - on a good day you are 1/2 hour to the valley, on a bad day one hour. Much better than staying in Mariposa, which is at least 11/2 hours if you don't get caught at the 20 minute signal.
Beware the management allows glass beer bottles and glasses around the pools. When we were there group was drinking beer in glass bottles and we asked the folks working at the check-in desk about the policy and their attitude was we don't have the time or staff to check the pools.
My advice be careful if you swim in the pools -- a cut foot can have an impact on your vacation.

One other note: bring you own alarm clock. The first day we asked for a wake up call and no call came. The second day we asked for a wake up call and is was an hour late. Again asked the staff at the desk and their attitude sorry about that!!

Have a great vacation and get to the Valley early for a parking place and ride the bus.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family