4,417 results
All reviews river view park entrance merced river pizza parlor small kitchenette spa bath double shower closest hotel stove top convenience store gas fireplace indoor pool view room mini kitchen kitchen area minute drive general store
Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

A decent hotel with friendly staff in a great location. We had booked a standard room which was on the ground floor facing the road. At check in we were offered a reduced $25 upgrade to a bigger river-view room with a balcony (apparently normally would've cost $75, although we heard the same conversation at reception the next day and someone else was told they could have it for $30 instead of 60 - I don't know, maybe they were different rooms). Anyway, we asked to see both and while the upgrade room was definitely bigger with a fireplace, huge hot tub style bath and is right over the river, which was absolutely roaring when we were there just after the floods the day before, we opted for the standard room as it was plenty big enough and we didn't really spend much time there. It had 2 double beds, tv, fridge, kitchenette with 2 hobs and a sink, some pots and washing up liquid, as well as a spacious bathroom complete with old style shower fittings. Overall it was all good and would stay again - the location is ideal roughly 10 mins from the park entrance and the rooms are big. Only minor inconveniences, our room was very dark with poor lighting and I feel it's pretty cheeky nowadays to charge $10 per 24 hours to use WiFi for only 2 devices, especially in an area with no phone network coverage at all. Would happily stay again nonetheless.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here 3 nights due to rain closing the park. It was a clean, nice place to stay. Close to the park entrance with the river running right behind the property. The door did not seal properly so we heard a lot of outdoor noises. Also, opt to eat at the river restaurant versus the pizza place, the pizza was below average.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 597meganz
Reviewed April 9, 2018

I probably expected more than what I felt we got. Don't get me wrong the location and views are fantastic. A few miles outside of the park was a bonus, and the view of the Merced River is awesome. They are pet friendly for an additional fee. The bathtub if awesome! We had an in room fireplace, fridge, microwave, stove (including dishes) and kitchen sink. Check in/out was fast and friendly. The cons... The beds are hard, very firm. There looked to be smoke damage all around our room. Very limited facilities when it is off season. Had trouble finding breakfast or a late evening meal even. Internet/wifi - Charge is $10 for 24 hours and even then it is very weak signal. You are only allowed 2 registered devices at a time and you cannot change from one to another. Again the signal is very weak. Cell service in general is slim to nothing (but given the area I don't hold that against the hotel). For the price of the rooms even on sale it seemed internet should be included. Then again that is more my expectations I guess. Not sure if this is normal but having stayed at some other hotels internet was free for guests.

Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

First, thanks to Chris from Reservations team who patiently helped me with the booking process. I am based in Canada and was joining a family reunion with relatives booking from California. I am glad I called when various websites including the hotel's online system kept showing that there was no availability for April when I was checking in Dec (calling on management to look into this for international guests).
We stayed for 2 nights at a Riverview room at the Sequoia building. Loved the view and sound of the Merced river from the balcony. Hotel is close to entrance of Yosemite and has ample parking. Free coffee and hot chocolate at the lobby. Thankfully the Pizza place was open so we had reasonable dinner. Buy from the grocery at El Portal and consider preparing your own food to save and use the kitchenette. Bed was comfortable and I enjoyed the Jacuzzi tub after a long hike.
Wi-Fi is $10 for 2 devices for 24 hrs. Considering other pricier options in the park and other options in Mariposa that was not as well located, this lodge was good value for us. It's worth your time to plan for food and your itinerary so you don't waste time and money since Yosemite does have limited choices and somewhat remote.
If you are interested in immersing yourself with a good tour during your stay, highly recommend Yosemite Close Up Tours with Ken Boche (there is a poster in the lobby and he picked us up from the hotel).

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2018

Had a day and a half before rains closed the park. Hotel was good and room was clean,easy acces and river view room opened to a raging Merced river. It was nice. People at hotel were very pleasant Location to park is excellent
Only draw back was the restaurant. Service was good and friendly, food needs some work. Hopefully during the summer the meals improve. Would stay here again, much more reasonable than inside the park.

Room tip: Excellent spot to stay, eat at pizza place
Trip type: Travelled as a couple