Yosemite Cedar Lodge
US$339
Yosemite Inn(Mariposa)
US$180
  • Pool
Miners Inn Motel(Mariposa)(Great Value!)
US$189
QualityInn
US$319
US$286
2,257 results
All reviewsmerced riverindoor and outdoor poolsjunior suitetwo double bedsshort driveroom was largeglacier point
Reviewed March 20, 2012

On a recent trip to Yosemite we stayed at the Cedar lodge. We booked three rooms. We were all sad to hear that the rooms did not have Wifi or cell service, but we were on vacation and could get by without it. Next when we did get into our rooms my brothers room was not even cleaned. The beds were undone and the bathroom was a mess. When we called the front desk they said they would see what they could do as housekeeping had left for the day. 15 minutes later a man with sheets came up into the room and proceeded to change out the sheets. I told my brother this was unacceptable and he talked to the guy. He asked the guy if they could stay in another room that was clean like the one next door. The guy said sure and went next door unlocked it and said here you go. The room that he was given had a phone and TV that didn't work. My parents room had a lock that was broken and this made my mom really uncomfortable.

We ate at the diner one night and other then the servers that were confused about our order the food was alright. We had big hopes the last morning of our trip for a warm breakfast. Unfortunately it had snowed so the cook didn't make it in and we got stuck with toast and fruit and pastrys from the day before. It was $5.95 per person for even my three year old. We had no choice but to eat here as we had to feed the kids and the next place to stop and get food was in Marioposa. I had big hopes for this place but in the future I will save my money and stay in the park itself.

• Stayed: March 2012
5  Thank Billhoward
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We stayed here after purchasing a Groupon deal for March. The positives are - location to Yosemite - about a 15 minute drive that is spectacular, beautiful surroundings, indoor pool - was closed, but still a nice ammenity, bar and grill - not a lot of food choices close by, rooms clean and hotel nicely kept. The not so positives - Stay on the top floor because you can hear every step, rooms dark so if it is not a sunny day hard to read or see in the room, food in bar and grill leaves something to be desired, but it was a really fun atmosphere - and there was very few of us there midweek off season and they put us all in rooms next to each other. Not that I mind having people around, but because the walls are hear-through it would have been nice to skip a room between us. What made this acceptable was the great deal we got on the room price.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Caibo
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Stayed a night on a return trip to Yosemite during winter. I usually stay in Oakhurst because of the wide variety of lodging and dining options there. Oakhurst is good if you want to start your day at the Mariposa Grove but El Portal is the closest to Yosemite Valley. Cedar Lodge is only 7 miles from the entrance to the park on US140 and about 5 miles from the Valley once inside the park which makes it super convenient. The motel is large, looks almost like a condo. Room was pleasant and is similar to that of a mid-tier motel. Check-in was effiicient and pleasant. Continental breakfast as really basic, breads and grains only.

Room Tip: US 140 is quiet during winter so just about no traffic noise.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank EatSeeDo
Reviewed March 2, 2012

We stayed here for 2 very pleasant nights when visiting beautiful Yosemite. We were very happy with the room we received, while it wasn’t decorated to our taste, it was big, clean and comfortable with everything you would hope for. We were very happy with the indoor swimming pool which is a nice way to relax after a day in the park.
It probably would be better to stay in the park as there was quite a wait when we were entering the park on our first morning, I think around 40 minutes but park accommodation gets booked out quite easily so I think this is a very good option. We also thought Cedar Lodge was fairly good value.
We ate in the main restaurant on both nights of our stay and we thought the food was fine, not amazing but no problem with it either.
Overall a good stay and we would happily recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank daai
cedar002, General Manager at Yosemite Cedar Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2012

Hi,

Thank you for your review. We are very happy you had a good time. We look forward to your return stay with us.

Thanks
Colleen

Reviewed February 22, 2012

I needed a place to stay with my two daughters ages 5 and 8. I was taking them to Yosemite for a weekend of skiing, skating, snow play and hiking but I didn't want to break the bank on lodging. Yosemite Lodge was not only overpriced but it was also booked up.

I also was looking for an indoor heated pool that was actually swimable and food on site. Cedar lodge fulfilled all my requirements. They are half an hour drive from yosemite village in the valley and less than an hour away from the ski lifts at badger pass. I booked my rooms on line for a great deal and spent lots of quality time with my girls. The rooms were clean and comfy, the pool was warm and clean (although a bit over chlorinated), the restaurant was satisfactory and a good value for its proximity to Yosemite.

I had fun with my girls and we had no issues with the accomodations. We received what we expected and it was a great value for the price.

Room Tip: Order on line from a discount web site. I booked my room through hotels.com
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Acj1966
cedar002, General Manager at Yosemite Cedar Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2012

We are happy that you and your girls enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return visit.

Thanks