All reviews front desk close to the airport parking garage free shuttle beautiful hotel would definitely stay here again shuttle service indoor pool staff was very friendly and helpful lax el segundo hot breakfast comfortable room an early morning flight sepulveda blvd excellent stay next morning great place to stay
Reviewed January 10, 2018

Due to an unexpected change of plans we stayed near LAX for three days over New Year before taking the late night flight to Sydney Australia.
Based on reviews of hotels in the area we chose Hampton Inn & Suites. We noted that all the negative reviews mentioned surly, unhelpful staff on the front desk but as we'd had very positive experiences with hotel front desk staff throughout our stay in the States, we chose to try this hotel.
Unfortunately we experienced, and saw other hotel guests experiencing, hostility, indifference and surliness at the front desk, but only with one cohort of disaffected female staff who were appallingly rude to guests.
When we requested a late checkout for our 10.30pm flight we expected to pay a standard additional tariff - this is, after all, an airport hotel where guests arrive and depart throughout the day and night, with the associated expectation of early check ins and late check outs. We were quoted an acceptable additional tariff by two front desk staff who were overruled by an extremely officious female insisting we must pay the full tariff if we wanted to extend our stay, leaving one embarrassed person whose senior staff member had given us the original quote to apologise to us.
There were, however, two bright rays of sunshine at that desk. I'd like to commend and thank Jeremy for his excellent customer service, sound knowledge of procedure, courtesy, helpfulness and above all sense of humour under very difficult circumstances. This young man's excellent service, coolness under fire and industry knowledge deserves recognition - I hope Management reads this review.
I'd also like to commend and thank Melissa for her cheerful and kind assistance to my husband and me.
We found the hotel bedroom and bathroom to be well sized, clean and comfortable, but were surprised that air conditioning was not ceiling ducted - the under window wall mounted unit had an extremely noisy fan. Soundproofing: Airport noise was distant, freeway noise was distant but overhead footsteps and adjacent (intimate) room noise was clearly audible and woke us during the night.
Another surprise was that this class of Hilton accommodation does not have an onsite kitchen. Bar snacks are available but there is no room service. There are fast food outlets, for those who like them, a short walk away. A standard American buffet breakfast is included in the tariff - along with cardboard plates, bowls and cups and plastic cutlery. Landfill?
Would I recommend this hotel? Yes for a very short and basic stay. It's clean and comfortable, though not soundproof - take your earplugs. No for a longer stay.
For anybody interested - we found a cafe in downtown el Segundo called Blue Butterfly, who provided us with great fresh, homemade takeaway soup and salads for our evening meals.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jacob V, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites LAX El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to inform me of your past visit here at the Hampton Inn & Suites LAX / El Segundo. I would like to personally apologize for our shortfalls, as it appears your recent stay was not up to your satisfaction with regards to a couple areas of the hotel. I can certainly appreciate your frustration regarding the various occurrences during your stay especially with poor attitude of certain team members. I assure you that it is my intention to look into each of these areas in more detail and follow-up with my fellow department heads. I'm so happy to hear that Jeremy and Melissa went above and beyond to improve your stay but I sincerely apologize that these were not corrected prior to your stay with us. At the Hampton Inn & Suites we pride ourselves on providing our guests with excellent guest services and the finest accommodations. As the new General Manager, I want to apologize and assure you of the changes to improve our product and service. I will utilize your experience as a working tool to better improve ourselves. Please contact me at directly at 424-290-1721 if I can be of assistance to you in the future. Again, thank you for your comments and thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites LAX / El Segundo we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed January 9, 2018

Hotel was nice, clean. Housekeeping was average each day. Breakfast was average. Eggs were cold. Oatmeal and waffles good. Shuttle punctual. Desk employees were very helpful. The room was nice and big.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jacob V, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites LAX El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2018

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the Hampton Inn & Suites El Segundo. We look forward to welcoming you back to LAX in the near future. At Hampton we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied. You Can Count On Us. Guaranteed.

Reviewed January 9, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights with my family of 7 (booked 2 rooms). Wish we stayed here longer!! The hotel looks new, rooms are modern and clean! The complimentary breakfast was excellent! Glad there was meat served. Overall it was a great stay! Would book this place again!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you can visit us again soon when your travels bring you to Los Angeles.

Reviewed January 8, 2018

From check in with a very friendly and professional staff member to the shuttle back to the airport in the morning, this stay was the highlight of a hectic 48 hours of travel. The room was nicely appointed and large enough that I didn't feel like I was in an airport hotel. The bathroom was equally nice. The breakfast buffet was more than I needed and a great start to another tough day. I wish I had more time at the property.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Reviewed January 8, 2018

Thank you for a nice stay. The location was great, the staff was great, the rooms were clean, we had no problem with the internet, no problem with the TV or any other electronics. The shuttle was on time and very friendly.