“Beautiful to look at, but boring to the taste.”

Summer Summer Thai Eatery
Ranked #12 of 124 Restaurants in Emeryville
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Thai
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hollis St & 59th St
Transit: AC transit 19 (everyday) Emery-go-round (all Hollis route on week day) Berkeley Lab shuttle
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Went for lunch. Pad Thai lacked any distinction, tough tofu, the garlic eggplant was good except for the stale tasting chicken, and the spices on the grilled chicken were off and was dry.
On the other hand, the plates were pretty...
I felt we were doing them a favor by being there, by their attitudes.
Would recommend the hole in the wall around the corner faster than this place.

Reviewed December 6, 2017

I like the variety of the menu for dinner and also the happy hour menu and drinks. I was happy for all of the choices I had to make. I definitely want to come back and try a few dishes I was not able to order this time around.

Reviewed September 7, 2017

We went there during lunch, the portion is quite large, more than we thought. We ordered the lunch specials, both very delicious, really like the brown rice there. The lech ice tea is also very tasty. Price is ok considering about the portion.

Reviewed May 30, 2017

Summer Summer has indoor and outdoor seating and a really good Happy Hour. Their cocktails are inventive and delicious! I tried numerous items on the menu and loved everything I tried. The service is excellent and the staff is very friendly. I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed April 28, 2017

I don't know where I've been that I've missed out on this wonderful restaurant. There were four of us, getting together on a Saturday night. We requested a corner table so that we could talk. Bingo--the staff gave us one, no problem. We chose beverages before ordering. One friend asked about a particular wine but said she did not need a taste beforehand. Bingo--the waitress was back in a couple of minutes to offer our friend a taste anyway. So thoughtful. Then there is the food, which is delicious. We shared the corn fritters, fresh spring rolls, a marvelous dish called Gingerly Ginger, and a yellow curry with chicken. Some of the best spring rolls I have had in recent memory. No question that my husband and I will be back. BTW, parking was easy on a Saturday night.