US$152
  • Restaurant
US$169
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$198/night.

US$289
US$157
US$79
US$139
Hotels.com
All reviewsacross the streetsan franciscobay bridgeindoor poolwithin walking distanceoutdoor mallmovie theaterrestaurants and shopsbreakfast and dinnerhotel is locatedmini fridgebusiness travelup to datethree nightsgolden gateparking lotfront desk staff
Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

If you’re visiting anyone going to UC Berkeley this is a great comfortable hotel to stay in. The wow factor is small but the service and comfortable stay makes it the perfect place to pick. I did appreciate the lobby and the large TVs and how kid friendly it was.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank Holly B
Kamaria R, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Oakland Emeryville, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about your recent experience at our hotel.

So glad that our staff made your stay both comfortable and fun.

We hope to see you again, the next time you visit CAL Berkeley.

Reviewed September 14, 2017

Had to book a last minute hotel near the IKEA here as the apartment I rented was not furnished yet and I arrived in SF by car during the night after driving 3000 miles from Toronto. There was plenty of room available and a friendly concierge at the front desk to book me a nice quiet room with a great view of the city. The beds were very comfortable and everything worked properly in the room (most importantly the air conditioning). The showers weren't as good as at the Hampton Inn but adequate.

My only complaint was that the concierge had mentioned breakfast was included only to find out in the morning it was not. Thankfully there was a really good Denny's next door.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2017

The pros: the front desk staff was very friendly, the location was convenient, and the room cleanliness was above average.

Unfortunately, however, during my last stay (7/21/17 - 7/24/17) the rear passenger side window of my rental car was broken while parked in the parking lot overnight, costing me $445.45. When I checked with the front desk, I was told that there were no cameras, and while there was supposed to be a security guard on duty, I didn't see one the entire length of my stay and I entered and exited the parking lot frequently during the three days I stayed there.

I'm a rewards member with SPG/Marriott so I typically try to stay at those properties, but this definitely left a bad taste in my mouth...

Not sure I'd stay at this property again for safety reasons.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kevin E
Jeff G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Oakland Emeryville, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2017

Kevin E, I am sorry to hear that someone smashed the window of your rental car parked in our lot. We do have a Loss Prevention Office on-duty overnight but they also patrol inside the building, not just the parking lot. Their presence outside is enough that this type of incident is rare at our hotel. I hope you did not lose any personal items left in the car, and thank you for recognizing the cleanliness of the hotel and our friendly staff. If you do see fit to stay with us again, I am confident you will not have the same problem.

Reviewed September 7, 2017

The front desk staff is really nice. We got there before lunch, Rita Rosa was patient after we said that we want to higher level room, she was able to find a top level room fro us. The room is a bit small, but the view is really nice, we can see the baybridge clearly. Hotel is clean, it has bar, business center if you need to print, etc. Location is also very good, close to a mall and a plaza which has trader joe, star bucks etc. Very convenient if you had a long day and don't want to eat in a restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here three nights and the hotel served its purpose. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet and clean. But compared to other Courtyards I've stayed at, this was not the best value for the price. While this is in a good location, the rooms are a little small and the bathrooms need some upgrading. I felt the price I paid for my cocktail was way out of line and they even charged for parking. But on the plus side, the staff was friendly and the wifi worked well. One note of caution for light sleepers - this hotel is right next to the freeway. I requested a room away from the freeway and it was very quiet. I'm not sure how rooms on the opposite side of the hotel are.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Jeff G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Oakland Emeryville, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2017

Hi Michael. Thanks for the compliments about our beds, cleanliness, friendly staff and good WiFi. I’m not sure what night you stayed, but with “dynamic pricing” room rates can be much higher when demand for rooms is extreme. They’re also lower during low demand , like Sunday nights or around holidays. It sounds like you might have stayed when rates were up. We’ll check our cocktail prices against other area hotels and adjust if they are out of line. Also note that our rooms on the highway side are quiet as well, since the hotel was built with thick double-pane windows.