US$127
Econo Lodge Encinitas Moonlight Beach(Encinitas)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$125
EconoLodge
Holiday Inn Express Encinitas - Cardiff Beach Area(Cardiff-by-the-Sea)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$119
RodewayInn
Cardiff by the Sea Lodge(Cardiff-by-the-Sea)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$149
US$198
US$179
Agoda.com
Inn at Moonlight Beach(Encinitas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$289
US$280
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

One description I read called it boutiquish. I guess that means a run down rat hole that you have immediate regrets about paying for. The bedding was stained, the carpet bunched up and severely stain and smelly. The furniture looked like it came from a yardsale at a local fraternity house. It was beaten up and just looked ragged. The tv I guess came from a pawn shop back in the early 90's. I went to the front desk and told the attendant about it and she came and had to plug a receiver box in. That is when I noticed that the entire outlet could be easily pulled from the wall to expose the wires. Not good if you have kids in this crack house of a motel. The receiver plug fell out due to the age of the outlet and had been previously taped to the wall to hold it in. The shower had a rusted and sharp sliver of metal with nothing to grab except the rusty threads that should have had some kind of knob to grab hold of. Think of grabbing the pointy end of a screw to turn on the shower. The "closet" as it was called was a poorly built side and top made of painted pressboard. I could only imagine that they argued about the price of the cheap materials used. Parking is not abundant and you will have difficulty parking anything larger than a size 7 roller skate. You can see on the walks and posts of the parking shelters that many people have hit it. It's close proximity to the beach and restaurants does not make up for the decrepit state of both the inside and outside of this dump. I'm guessing the owner puts as little money and effort as possible into this property and probably only goes there to collect whatever cash it has generated. The State of California should shut this place down and condemn the property until it is brought to a standard that isn't detrimental to guests health and well being.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2017 via mobile

Stained walls, broken futon, old school TV, moldy shower, bubbled carpet, cobwebs on the wall, trash under the bed. This place was absolutely horrible. If everything else wouldn't have been booked, we would've been out of there in a heartbeat. Fortunately we only were there for just a few minutes before we fell asleep and after we woke up.
I was just in town for a lacrosse tournament with a couple of my kids. If my wife had been there we would have checked out right away and driven all over Southern California to find another room... This was really, really horrible. The single redeeming quality, it's just a short walk (7-8) minutes to the beach...

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Drsjones
Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

Shortly after seeing my room, I went back to the front desk to get a refund. I was promptly told it was non-refundable. I was not impressed as I had booked for three days. The room was filthy, and this hotel was run down. There were no highlights whatsoever. I work in remote camps and sleep in tents set up in the arctic , and that seems luxurious in comparison to this place. Any positive reviews are probably written by the owners. The pictures may be old or from another hotel.
This place is a dump.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MikeCharlebois
Reviewed March 2, 2017 via mobile

Great value, considering how close to the beach and area attractions it is. Clean, nice areas to sit in outside of the room. Conveniently located. Everything was a breeze. Nice property. Spacious enough so it was fun while househunting here in the area.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2016 via mobile

Had a quick trip to Encinitas stayed at the Portofino the hotel has changed a lot great service and way cleaner. Got lucky stayed in a large room with king bed. Would recommend for location to beach! I really enjoyed walking down 101 to some great food/restaurants!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business