“Room wasn't clean - people above were doing something weird like setting up a meth lab long past 1AM in the morning”
Review of Escondido Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Escondido Inn
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Escondido
Reviewed 21 May 2016

The floor in our room at the Escondido Inn was not clean at all. There were small pieces of food or something in the corners. The furniture needed replacing (so scuffed and marred it looked like Salvation Army rejects). The bathroom seemed clean but the toilet sear was coming off...you had to land just right or it would have. This was difficult for me as I was approaching it from a wheelchair so wasn't able to completely line up straight.
The people above us were doing weird noisy things long past 1 AM - like moving furniture or setting up a meth lab. It was difficult to sleep (to say the least). Plus the bed was too hard and too small.
The location wasn't the best but I'm not sure there is a good location in Escondido...the heating/air worked fine and quietly and so did the refrigerator. They were painting the exterior when we left...they would be better served by spending the money on new furniture and a secure toilet seat.

Room Tip: get an upstairs room not on the street
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 March 2016 via mobile

The husband always helps us with a good price if we stay a week. Both are very nice people. We spend our days with family that lives in Escondido but can easily walk to restaurants and a good Mexican market nearby.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2015

I rented this room for 3 nights due to a family emergency. I had two family members come by to wait for someone to pick them up and immediately after walking in to the room I was called in to the office. I felt like I was in High School and I had to go see the principal. I was being interrogated by both employees in the office as to how many people are staying in the room, no visitors are allowed, etc. I had to take them to rite aid to have them picked up only because the employees made me feel uncomfortable. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. My sister stook a few blocks away at the Holiday Inn and she did not face any issues. She had family over, they were able to share pictures and spend valuable time with other family members without any interruptions.

Room Tip: Go to a different Hotel, it will be worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Sandra S
Reviewed 16 July 2015

nothing fancy, but clean, everything was working, no smell, sheets were clean, bed were comfortable, staff was friendly. My only complain was that pillows were too thin.
Overall excellent, budget place to take a rest before see San Diego attractions.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2015

I paid $88 for 2 queen beds for 2 adults and 3 young children. There were roaches!!!!! The sink was clogged up too, but the roaches! OMG! & They were NOT afraid of humans. They were bold. We slept with the lights on with our own blankets, but that didn't stop them. I left all of our stuff in the car except for the outfits we were going to wear in the morning. When I woke up and moved my clothes, a roach went running from them! What the hell?! Were they in bed with me and my children too?! I'm still freaking out right now about it. I'm scheduling us all an appointment with the doctor right now. I don't know who I can call about this problem, but I'm going to figure it out and report them.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Corrina L
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Pros: Large room and large bathroom, fridge and microwave, air conditioner worked fine. Windows kept out street noise pretty well. TV and remote worked fine.
Cons: NO soap of any kind in the bathroom, dirty towels, no bath mat so wet floor very slippery. No shower curtain liner so soaked cloth curtain. Slept on top of bed in clothes as sheets had black hairs on it. Reserved a king bed, got 2 queens so very crowded room. No closet but had a rack with wheels. No coffee pot but 7 Eleven across the street. Hard time getting anyone at front desk even after ringing several times - found a maid who went looking for the office staff.
I did not complain to manager as could not afford to go anywhere else. You get what you pay for but I would expect a clean bed and soap no matter what the price.

Room Tip: Very small motel, sketchy downtown area - don't leave anything in the car, bring your own coffee...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank E A
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We have just checked in for 3 nights and were warmly welcomed. Motel is basic but large bright rooms with air con. By a busy interchange but double glazing keeps out the noise. Fridge and microwave but no coffee machine. Working wifi and tv, near plenty of shops, restaurants and cafés. Good parking. No complaints so far. I think this motel has been updated since the last review as it is far better than reported in 2012!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple