See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 21, 2016

The floor in our room at the Escondido Inn was not clean at all. There were small pieces of food or something in the corners. The furniture needed replacing (so scuffed and marred it looked like Salvation Army rejects). The bathroom seemed clean but the toilet sear was coming off...you had to land just right or it would have. This was difficult for me as I was approaching it from a wheelchair so wasn't able to completely line up straight.
The people above us were doing weird noisy things long past 1 AM - like moving furniture or setting up a meth lab. It was difficult to sleep (to say the least). Plus the bed was too hard and too small.
The location wasn't the best but I'm not sure there is a good location in Escondido...the heating/air worked fine and quietly and so did the refrigerator. They were painting the exterior when we left...they would be better served by spending the money on new furniture and a secure toilet seat.

Room Tip: get an upstairs room not on the street
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2016 via mobile

The husband always helps us with a good price if we stay a week. Both are very nice people. We spend our days with family that lives in Escondido but can easily walk to restaurants and a good Mexican market nearby.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2015

I rented this room for 3 nights due to a family emergency. I had two family members come by to wait for someone to pick them up and immediately after walking in to the room I was called in to the office. I felt like I was in High School and I had to go see the principal. I was being interrogated by both employees in the office as to how many people are staying in the room, no visitors are allowed, etc. I had to take them to rite aid to have them picked up only because the employees made me feel uncomfortable. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. My sister stook a few blocks away at the Holiday Inn and she did not face any issues. She had family over, they were able to share pictures and spend valuable time with other family members without any interruptions.

Room Tip: Go to a different Hotel, it will be worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Sandra S
Reviewed July 16, 2015

nothing fancy, but clean, everything was working, no smell, sheets were clean, bed were comfortable, staff was friendly. My only complain was that pillows were too thin.
Overall excellent, budget place to take a rest before see San Diego attractions.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2015

I paid $88 for 2 queen beds for 2 adults and 3 young children. There were roaches!!!!! The sink was clogged up too, but the roaches! OMG! & They were NOT afraid of humans. They were bold. We slept with the lights on with our own blankets, but that didn't stop them. I left all of our stuff in the car except for the outfits we were going to wear in the morning. When I woke up and moved my clothes, a roach went running from them! What the hell?! Were they in bed with me and my children too?! I'm still freaking out right now about it. I'm scheduling us all an appointment with the doctor right now. I don't know who I can call about this problem, but I'm going to figure it out and report them.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family