Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
View deal
SAVE US$13
Travelocity
Trip.comUS$75
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 23, 2017

I stayed for one night this past weekend on Saturday for my b-day. I didn't want to spend too much money on a hotel just for one night so decided to stay here because it was cheap and I'm really glad I did. The hotel is decent looking, the guy at the front desk was cool and friendly, and the room was nice and clean. They even have a pool but I didn't have a chance to check it out. We (bf and I) just needed a place to get ready in and a bed to sleep on so if your looking for something fancy and extra, this isn't the place for you. I would definitely stay here again! Its about 30-40 min away from Gas Lamp, San Diego and if your going to Stone Brewery its 10 min away and theirs a Denny's that's 2-4 min walking distance!!!

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed May 21, 2016

The floor in our room at the Escondido Inn was not clean at all. There were small pieces of food or something in the corners. The furniture needed replacing (so scuffed and marred it looked like Salvation Army rejects). The bathroom seemed clean but the toilet sear was coming off...you had to land just right or it would have. This was difficult for me as I was approaching it from a wheelchair so wasn't able to completely line up straight.
The people above us were doing weird noisy things long past 1 AM - like moving furniture or setting up a meth lab. It was difficult to sleep (to say the least). Plus the bed was too hard and too small.
The location wasn't the best but I'm not sure there is a good location in Escondido...the heating/air worked fine and quietly and so did the refrigerator. They were painting the exterior when we left...they would be better served by spending the money on new furniture and a secure toilet seat.

Room tip: get an upstairs room not on the street
Date of stay: May 2016
Reviewed March 3, 2016 via mobile

The husband always helps us with a good price if we stay a week. Both are very nice people. We spend our days with family that lives in Escondido but can easily walk to restaurants and a good Mexican market nearby.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2015

I rented this room for 3 nights due to a family emergency. I had two family members come by to wait for someone to pick them up and immediately after walking in to the room I was called in to the office. I felt like I was in High School and I had to go see the principal. I was being interrogated by both employees in the office as to how many people are staying in the room, no visitors are allowed, etc. I had to take them to rite aid to have them picked up only because the employees made me feel uncomfortable. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. My sister stook a few blocks away at the Holiday Inn and she did not face any issues. She had family over, they were able to share pictures and spend valuable time with other family members without any interruptions.

Room tip: Go to a different Hotel, it will be worth the extra cost.
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Sandra S
Reviewed July 16, 2015

nothing fancy, but clean, everything was working, no smell, sheets were clean, bed were comfortable, staff was friendly. My only complain was that pillows were too thin.
Overall excellent, budget place to take a rest before see San Diego attractions.

Date of stay: July 2015