FindHotel
CheapTickets
Travelocity
eDreams
Snaptravel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 6, 2020

Good basic hotel room, nothing fancy. It was a good location, not far from San Diego. Good access to major thorougfares. The staff were very good. It was easy to locate. We felt that it was also very secure.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank cdeboni
HotelMangmt321, Hotel Support at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2020

Dear Valued Guest: Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review for our team. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving your lodging needs again in the future here at the Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Escondido, CA. Sincerely, Hotel Management

Reviewed March 3, 2019

My wife, 3 nieces and I spent two nights at this hotel. The main reason I am only giving 3 stars is because of the WiFi, this was a really big and important deal for my wife and me.

The good:
Very clean, bathroom was immaculate, plenty of clean towels and linen, very large suite for a really good deal, check in was so fast I thought I missed something and the agent was friendly. Checkout was also very quick and easy.

The bad:
WIFI DID NOT WORK! This was a deal breaker for my wife and I since we are both online students and had work to finish. A short in the lights on one side of the room and the TVs would play and then all of a sudden a timer pops up and turns off the tv while you are watching it... not cool!

Overall it wasn't a bad experience and you can see that they are making an effort to change things there.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank BpARJ
Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

This place is horrible and disgusting the customer service sucks and the breakfast bar filthy. AVOID STAYING HERE AT ALL COST..You HONESTLY get what you pay for crap. Then they gave me a room key that was already given to someone else we LITERALLY walked in on them already unpacked and settled how embarrassing and scary for them. I am totally disgusted with this place. Sheets were stained and room smelled bad.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank cynthia b
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Rather than paying for an expensive hotel in San Diego for a conference I attended, I opted for this venue, only 30 miles away. It is still undergoing renovation. I stayed for 2 nights. The room I had was clean, the microwave, coffee maker and fridge worked, and the bed was comfortable. Problem with TV shutting off after being on for an hour. Management couldn't do anything about it. WiFi is unsecured so I couldn't use it. I had to leave in the morning before complimentary breakfast was available at 7 a.m., so I can't comment on that. I wasn't there for luxury so I put up with these inconveniences. However a motel can't prevent lodgers from ruining the stay of others. The first night I had to deal with people in the next room having a drinking party-- noise came in through a thin adjoining door. I couldn't call the front desk because the phone did not have a posted directory. I finally had to pound on the door at 3 a.m. to tell them to shut up, and they only quieted down a bit. The next night in the other room next to me was like an episode of "Cops"--man and woman arguing, shouting, and cursing with what sounded like furniture or other objects being thrown against the wall. And this was about 7 p.m. The police were called, came to my room to ask questions about what I heard-- did it sound like a person was thrown against the wall? I didn't hear anyone calling for help, but to be honest I had turned up the TV to drown out the yelling. The man was cuffed in the parking lot with 3 cops talking to him. Next time I'll have to spend more money to stay where the clientele is better behaved.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Michele A
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

The pillow had blood on it. The covers has stains on them. The pull out bed looked like someone had died on it. The driveway had dried throw up on it. Was just gross. Everything was dirty except the sheets.

Date of stay: July 2018