Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$60
Hotels.comUS$60
eDreamsUS$60
Expedia.comUS$60
FindHotelUS$60
Agoda.comUS$60
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 4, 2021

The hotel is pretty run down. They seem to be doing some renovation of rooms, so maybe things will get better. The advertisement on booking said that they had free coffee in the morning, but that was not the case due to "Covid". The place claims to have a pool - and it does, but you can't use it and it is dirty in the extreme. The place has a coin operated laundry available, but the desk won't make change so you can use it and it takes $5.00 in quarters to wash and dry a load of clothes. More if you buy their laundry detergent. I could hear the people having sex in the adjacent room. Somebody's car alarm seemed to regularly go off at night. At 4:40 pm every day the fire alarm/smoke detector would go off in a piercing noise for about a minute or two. The cleaning staff never cleaned my room during my stay, although they would exchange my towels and provide me with supplies if I needed. The landscapers cut down trees and then blew the saw dust under my door - and since the cleaning staff didn't clean the room, the floor just stayed dirty. There were a lot of homeless people hanging around on the hotel property at all times, day and night and nothing was done about it. No security guards

Date of stay: January 2021
Brand Experience Team, Other at Motel 6 Escondido, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

On behalf of Motel 6, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience you incurred while our guest. We are committed to guest satisfaction and appreciate you taking time to review your experience. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Lilith
#Team6

Reviewed November 27, 2020

Needed a place to briefly stay on the way somewhere else-with a dog so options were limited. It backs up on a Lowe's parking lot. The police were there when we arrived and someone was breaking into cars in the lot -in daylight- when we were packing up to leave. There are loud people screaming all night and pooping on the sidewalks. People drinking and smoking directly (inches from) outside our door at 1AM. We are nonsmokers but the room was thick with smoke and stains. Best thing was that the general manager decided to disappear midday and our key didn't work - immediately after we brought it to the counter for help fixing it. So we were locked out for over an hour waiting for him to come back from a "break". I called the main phone number and all they did was repeatedly call the front desk, saying, "he is not there but we will send the manager an email." When the manager got back he called me an "a$$hole" and told me to "calm down." Never once apologized or anything remotely like that. Terrible. We have had better luck at other Motel 6s. This one.. STAY AWAY. Plenty of nearby other options. We promptly moved to a Best Western nearby that also takes pets.

Date of stay: November 2020
Sherneane Abdullah, Other at Motel 6 Escondido, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2021

We're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us, and we apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced. We hope for the opportunity to improve your experience with us. Please visit again.
Lilith
#Team6

Reviewed August 6, 2018

I was propositioned by a prostitute two times when I returned from business at the end of the day. I stayed there for 3 nights. This was outside the lobby of the motel. The parking lot is filled with homeless vagrants and shopping carts and individuals under the influence of narcotics or mentally ill. Thank goodness i was alone , my wife would have been appalled and I would have left, no other hotels were available and they raised the price to 256 dollars a night for a 4 dollar a night hotel.I asked to have my room moved as a party was raging from 11 pm until I left at 8am on business.I was denied a room change as the clerk stated only smoking rooms were available and the hotel was going to fill up and this would be lost revenue (verbatim) The sheets and pillow case was filthy adorned with human hair . The sink was rusty and dripping . If you enjoy drugs, drugged out zombies and dirty needles enjoy your stay. This is the worst Motel in America.. If this revue helps one soul stay away from this abomination I have done humanity a service.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank allfire209
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Escondido, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your feedback. The service experiences you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality our colleagues strive to provide, and we apologize for the service issues you describe. It is important for all of our guests to feel welcomed, receive the highest level of service, respect and hospitality. We apologize for your unpleasant stay as a result of the concerns you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed January 7, 2018

We stayed here in September 2017 and were very disappointed. We usually stay in Motel 6 whenever we travel, but this location was the worst. Our room smelled like skunk when we opened the door, call the front desk and was told sorry and I can come up to the office and get some spray. It did helped with the smell. When we pulled the covers back my husband saw a bug crawl over the bed, it really creeped me out. We could not find the bug, so the office said "sorry". My husband was ok staying, but I wanted to leave. He was too tired to find another place. I sent a message to Motel 6 and as of today I have not heard back from them???? We will not be returning to this location and not sure we will ever stay at a Motel 6 again.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ffpierce
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Escondido, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We have procedures in place related to our pest policy that should have prevented the inconveniences you describe, and we are sorry for the circumstances. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the bed comfort issues you experienced. Please accept our apologies that your stay was less than satisfactory. We encourage you to contact Guest Services at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed June 15, 2017 via mobile

The most posotive thing I could say about this motel is that the front desk lady was very knowledgeable, kind & above & beyond helpful. Her name is Leslie. Other than that, we didn't like our room, parking, availability of amenities, security or anything else for that matter. The room was not in good condition and we had to ask for the most basic of things - like a hair dryer. They had 2 clothes dryers - both the same size & one cost $2 to operate, the other $1.50. Naturally, we chose the less priced since were same size. Guess who wasn't excepting coins? I did notify the front desk & she said she would put a sign on the machine for now. There was only parking on the street available and not near our room. The neighborhood was not a safe one by any means. Wish I had known that when booking this room. Our neighbor was drunk and came to our room yelling & cussing about his dog having been stolen. Police sirens going off all day & night. Banging on the walls by other neighbors. Overall would advise to avoid.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Escondido, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2017

Dear Sharon, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.