Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 21-04-23
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$55
SAVE US$10
Agoda.com
US$55
SAVE US$10
PricelineUS$55
Hotels.comUS$65
FindHotelUS$55
All reviews continental breakfast stay there again room was clean california checkin channels
Selected filters
Reviewed October 1, 2019

We’ve stayed here two times now since we’ve come to California and we love it. The price has been under $70 both times on weekdays. The rooms are clean, the beds are oh so comfy. My husband and I never agree on beds and we both loved them. Our daughter even slept in which is not normal for her!

I’m not even sure what their amenities are because I coop myself up in the room it’s so nice. Great TV with all the channels we need. The place is spotless. When we check in late and are crabby, the front desk is super nice to us. Sorry that I’m always a zombie! Haha

Their breakfast is pretty good too. I’m just super happy it’s a variety of things and my daughter eats everything. Much better than other hotels in the area that are the same price point. We will have to start coming here more often for staycations!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2019

The hotels is simple, affordable, one thing that onstands is the cleanliness, fully new remodeled rooms.ample space. Front desk is oustanding and guided us to near by activities. astonishing product..

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank RodgerRyna
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Escondido Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2019

It was our pleasure to provide you with such a wonderful experience. Please do come see us again very soon!

Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

This has all of the basic amenities along with safe parking, fast food, and a Starbucks close by. My kids were attending a week long Summer program at the Wild Animal Safari Park, and it was a great location for them. I would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

We are continuously improving upon our services and accommodations and want to thank you very much for your comments about our location and parking. Insights such as this are invaluable and help us to better our services and accommodations. Thank you.

Reviewed March 27, 2019

Day #2 of my stay, called the front desk at 10:30pm to ask for the WiFi access code. Michael at the front desk told me he would call back in 2 minutes. No call back, so 15 mins later I called again. He answered, then said he was in the bathroom and hung up on me. Let that sink in for a minute: He (A) answered the front desk phone while he was in the bathroom, and (B), then he hung up on me.

It only gets better from there. I decided to walk to the front desk to tell Michael what I thought of being hung up on. He was on the phone while helping a guess check in. He whispered (and I was 3 feet from him, so I heard him clearly) to himself, “what an a-hole” and hung up the phone, then handed the guest his room key card. He then asked me, how can I help you? I told him, I’m the a-hole you just tried to call back. He denied what he said, but it didn’t matter at that point.

Here’s where the customer service-lacking Michael really got me pissed off, however:

I asked him who the manager was, and he told me his name was Shiv and gave me his card. When I said that I would absolutely be calling Shiv, Michael laughed and said, “he won’t do anything”. I kid you not, he told me that calling the manager wouldn’t matter.

20 minutes later, I am writing this review. While writing the last sentence, the room phone rings (I kid you not). I answer, “Hello”.

“This is Michael at the front desk. Would you mind coming down here?” When I refused, he said “OK” and hung up again.

Did this really happen? Anyway, I hope this review steers at least one (or many) away from this dump. There are many, many places to stay in North San Diego county. Don’t waste your time with this place.

P.S., Did I mention that they were out of coffee this morning at 7am? Yup. Totally out of coffee.

Room tip: Get a room at the end, you won’t hear as many rolling suitcases pass by your door and paper-thin walls.
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank S253GYjamesl

It means everything to us to hear the insights of our guests. Thank you for taking the time to communicate your feedback regarding our service and wifi . We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed January 25, 2019

We had to travel for a family emergency and the staff was very understanding. We got a decent rate. The room was not fancy but it was clean and it was comfortable. The breakfast is average and the highway noise was a bit much if you are not used to it.

Room tip: ask for a room far from the main road
Date of stay: January 2019