US$127
US$85
Escondido Inn(Escondido)
US$69
US$62
Best Western Escondido Hotel(Escondido)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$180
US$369
US$349
  • Pool
All reviewsin n out burgerroom had double bedspancake machinebreakfast roomfree nightyogurtconvenient locationrooms are smallfreewayjacuzzirates
Reviewed July 24, 2017

This got 2 stars because of the staff. They were very friendly. But that is the only good thing to be said about this place.

It is run down. I haven't stayed at this chain for awhile, and if this place is typical, I never will again.

We were here for a wedding that happened to be on ComicCon weekend, so hotels were expensive and hard to find. We paid $200 a night for a tiny room with a king bed. The sheets were old and thin. Pillows were lumpy foam. The desk chair had the vinyl peeling away. There was a bad sewer gas smell from the sink (I wondered why the sink was closed when we got there, then ran water and figured out why).

Breakfast is a cheap continental spread. The only "fresh" food is fruit and boiled eggs plus bread and bagels, Everything else is prepackaged. Coffee was lukewarm and weak.

The AC unit was an old window unit that was loud and didn't work well.

The hot tub was also lukewarm. Maybe they didn't want to spend money to heat it? Then don't have it available.

Find somewhere else if you can.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
vfarmonio, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego - Escondido, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2017

Dear DbacksFn:

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and have shared your dissatisfaction with the team. We will do our best to address them immediately. Unfortunately, our kitchen is in the process of being renovated and therefore we are limited to serving continental breakfast at this time. We look forward to serving hot breakfast real soon and hopefully you will come back and visit us again.

We apologize for the inconvenience this matter may have caused you. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn hotels for your lodging needs.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suite Escondido

Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Holiday Day Inn in Escondido, CA for 3 nights. I must say this was the worst hotel experience ever. For the big price for a king size bed, the room was smaller than most motel rooms. The bathroom was smaller than the average pantry. The bathroom counter top had no space to put your toiletries. The drain had a foul odor. The room smelled of mold. We had to go to Target, across the street to buy air freshener because we couldn't stand the smelly room anymore. The air conditioner had a loud clicking sound. There was a coffee pot with no bottle water to make coffee. The room had limited outlets. The TV stopped working and we had to wait for the engineer to arrive to work before it was fixed. The absolute worst, we will never stay there again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
vfarmonio, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego - Escondido, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2017

Dear deeporter29:

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay at our property. We appreciate you taking the time to advise us of your dissatisfaction, which is the first step towards improvement of our services. Rest assured that we have noted your issues and we will address them immediately. For your information, we are now using Keurigs in all of our rooms and therefore, it does not need a coffee pot to make coffee.

We apologize for the inconvenience this matter may have caused you. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to be of service to you.

Reviewed May 16, 2017

My room was on the 2nd floor because the lady who registered me offered it. Very nice, made me feel safe. The room was clean and quiet. Breakfast was more than adequate with waffles, pancakes (frozen that you could microwave) yogurt, fruit, cereal, coffee, milk, juices.

Room Tip: Get one on the second floor away from the elevator
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Triadou
vfarmonio, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego - Escondido, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2017

Dear Triadou:

We appreciate your 4 Star Rating. Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you. We thank you for your business and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 16, 2017 via mobile

I recently stayed at the holiday inn express in Escondido for nine consecutive nights. I had a king suite which had a large bedroom and separate large living room area and kitchen. Hotel is located very conveniently to nearby eateries and stone world bistro. My room was comfortable, quiet and kept in good condition by housekeeping. I found all staff to be very courteous and responsive. The hot breakfast is very good quality and bountiful. In nine days I would've expected to run into at least one problem, but I didn't. The entire stay couldn't have been better.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
vfarmonio, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego - Escondido, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2017

Dear John F:
What an awesome review! We are so excited to hear that you have indeed enjoyed your 9-day stay with us and did not encounter any problems. We appreciate you choosing the Holiday Inn hotels for your lodging needs and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Holiday Inn Expess Hotel & Suites Escondido

Reviewed January 23, 2017

My husband thought we would go to the Temecula Holiday Inn Express (about 20 minutes away) that was comfortable and spacious that we had stayed at two months ago. I opted for this property as one mile away from the Shen Yun show we went to see. Staff was very nice and offered to move our room when a few roaches showed up on the night stand and I went to the front desk to let them know, but we figured they might be in other rooms as well. I offered to drive home instead of staying overnight but hubby was already in bed. I zipped up suitcase, CPAP bag, and laptop bag and took off floor to try to prevent any unwanted critters coming home. A friend who lives in Vista called and when I told her about the roaches she said maybe because of the rains they showed up? She also stays in Holiday Inn's. This property was unlike any that I have been at before. Wondered later if it was a Motel 6 that was reconverted as the room was small and cramped. The room could have used some washing on walls by beds and in bathroom that had splatters/stains. Sheets were clean. The room was so tiny you had to stand aside between beds to let the other person by. No microwave/frig. Closet was a cupboard next to one bed. Itty bitty bathroom. Normally I would shower in the morning, but this one time I opted to not do that and wait until I got back home instead as I there was not much room. Would not recommend this property - go further down the road to the one in Temecula that we stayed at two months ago which was great. The breakfast was good with omelet, bacon and sausage, and pancakes at the property in the morning. Staff were pleasant and apologetic about roach issues.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TropiCAL2003
vfarmonio, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego - Escondido, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2017

Dear TropiCAL2003:

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention so that we can work on improving our product and services. We apologize for the inconvenience this matter may have caused you. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future.