“Fine dining in Eureka? Yes!”
Review of Restaurant 301

Restaurant 301
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant 301 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 195 Restaurants in Eureka
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Carter House Inn is a luxury, boutique hotel in in historic Eureka, California. It is known both for housing Restaurant 301 and for being a replica of a Queen Anne style building by Newsom & Newsom, renown builder architects of many 19th century structures in California. Restaurant 301 has a 3,800 bottle collection of wine and has been awarded the "Grand Award" from Wine Spectator magazine for 19 years running.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

What a great find! Thank you to all who reviewed this so well. I completely agree with just about everyone! Starting with the Wine Spectator Grand Award wine list to the Mushroom and Marrow tart, we were thrilled with our dinner here. Delicious and classy are the two best descriptors I can use. But they are very comfortable, as in we came in, in our travel clothes, and felt right at home with everyone else there. The Bolognese and Gnocchi had me swooning, and the huge meaty lamb chops my husband had were delectable. Service was friendly and very comfortably paced.

reviewer8062, General Manager at Restaurant 301, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review, I was very happy to hear you enjoyed the marrow custard tart, its on of my personal favorites.

Reviewed March 24, 2018

Restaurant 301 is a fine dining establishment without any pretense or stuffiness. With an extensive wine collection, top notch cuisine, and stellar service, you will feel pampered and satiated during a meal here.

Reviewed March 13, 2018

Lovely food beautifully prepared-----the ingredients have farm to table freshness but are prepared with big city sophistication.

Reviewed February 19, 2018

Holy cow...where to begin? The Wine Specatator Grand Award wine list is the creme de la creme. If you have an inkling of interest in grape juice, please do as I did and cuddle up to the massive fireplace in the main lobby of the Carter House Inn with a copy. For dinner, my party of three decided to share everything. For starters, we ordered two Mushroom & Marrow Tarts (trust me if you only get one, you'll regret and order another, therefore throwing of the timing of the rest of your dinner. Do your server a favor and just order two). Our Restaurant Manager, Daniel (blame him for the M&MT recipe), was attentive checking in with us. For entrees, we ordered a ribeye and the lamb, both medium-rare temp which were prepared to perfection. Being from Oregon, I appreciated Daniel telling me later the lamb is from Oregon.

On another evening, Alicia the bartender suggested the Caesar salad which was so good. The balance of lemon with the touch of anchovy gave this the perfect balance. Of course, the M&MT followed.

All in all, this restaurant experience was far above excellent. I would absolutely recommend while you are in NCal exploring the Victorian architecture or the spectacular Redwoods NP. This team makes you feel like family and you'll want to return.....very soon!

reviewer8062, Owner at Restaurant 301, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2018

Thank you so much for dining with us here at Restaurant 301 and for taking the time to write this most amazing review.
We are so blessed with our amazing executive chef and service team here. They strive for excellence and this was a great review to share with them. We hope you won't be a stranger and come visit us again soon!

Reviewed February 12, 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely time at this place. Our server Elizabeth knew what we wanted before we did. The food was outrageously good. We'll be back.