1,293 results
All reviews pool table fire pit limo service pool area complimentary limo hot tub stretch limo tiki torches basketball hoop jimmy dean breakfast sandwiches outdoor heaters great pool old town humboldt bay waffles the breakfast area fitness center
Reviewed August 2, 2018

This is really a tale of two reviews - one "inside" the property and one "outside". The hotel and staff were first rate - excellent, friendly customer service; outstanding Oasis area (pool, hot tub, heat lamps, breakfast, etc.); quiet, clean, comfortable rooms. We had a problem with our first room - the staff responded immediately and could not fix the problem quickly, so relocated us to a nicer room without any issue. Inside the property - outstanding - highly recommended!

Now, for the "outside" review. The hotel is in a somewhat "industrial" part of Eureka - it's a working bayfront, so there are sights and sounds (and smells) that come along with that. It didn't feel at all unsafe, just a bit gritty (and definitely "aromatic" depending on the tides, fog, and wind). It is also bounded on two sides by the 101 - so some traffic at times.

So, the overall "Very Good" rating is a combination of 5 stars (excellent) for the property itself and 2.5 stars (Poor/Average) for the surrounding area.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2018

We did a 101 driving tour of the PNW and this was our southern turn around. My daughter had never seen the redwoods, so we wanted to do Avenue of the Giants. I booked this very last minute, so was only able to get a double/double, which is the smallest of the rooms. The remodel is pretty impressive. Even with the small space, the room was well done and the three of us could move around. The bathroom had a shower only, with the most incredible water pressure ever, and a high nozzle head, so nobody had to stoop. I would have preferred a fan in the bathroom, over the window, as we were ground floor and facing the street, so I was not willing to keep the window open, but minor detail. Plentiful towels and nice beds. Nice size frig and microwave. The décor was muted, but definitely miles above the couple other BW I have stayed at on this trip. You could immediately tell someone really put effort into making the rooms updated. To be very picky, they should have used someone else to hang the wallpaper, it wasn't properly done and has major bubbles, but that absolutely has no effect on my stay. The grounds have been lovingly planted and well cared for and are quite impressive. The parking lot was clean and the conversion of an old parking area into the spa and firepit and outdoor pergola and lounge area is very well done. There is also a nice pool table for use. There are heaters on at night and in the morning for breakfast, which was lovely to sit outside and not be chilly. My daughter loved the pool (which is deep) and it was lightly used by others, even though there were many children. I love that they have this communal area, since there is no patio/balcony/area to sit outside your room. We did hear foot steps every morning above us, but this is an older building and understandably, it is what it is. To that end, ask for a second story room. Also, if you are booking in advance, they have a great Executive suite and a family suite, that would be great for larger parties and travelling with teenagers, so everyone can have space. The breakfast room is cramped and has some lay out issues. Instead of eggs and meat and potatoes (like we had at other BW on this trip), they have Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches that have to be heated in a single microwave. I appreciate this cuts down on waste and staff needs and kitchen use, but the microwave and fridge is in the corner and just poorly placed. When a family of five each wants a sandwich, mom is standing there almost ten minutes trying to make them as fast as she can, but it really clogs the line. I think moving it to where the coffee is and adding a second microwave would really cut down on the bottleneck. There was also three cereals, two with raisins and one was supposed to be fruit loops, but it was always empty. They also had a hard time keeping yogurt (which shares the brekky sandwich frig) and fruit (never a banana to be found, except the peel in the trash) stocked. There was waffle makers, next to the microwave, which just makes the space headache worse. I didn't mind the different items and thought the variety was reasonable, just was surprised with so much thought into the décor and oasis area and landscaping, that there wasn't more thought into flow and keeping things stocked. The hotel was sold out or almost sold out during our stay and we always ate the last hour of service, so I realize this may have added to the issues, but they need to keep it stocked. They have a house car that will take you to/fro dinner or downtown (I believe from 5-10pm) , which I think is a nice touch. This trip was out of my usual choices of hotels and I was very pleased that we stayed here. I definitely think it is one of the nicest in the area.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed July 30, 2018

The room was very clean, unfortunately the king room bathroom does not have the room for 2 people to get ready at the same time. We upgraded to a larger suite at double the price the second night. We very much enjoyed the steam shower and rain shower amenities.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on a road trip. The room was comfortable abd clean and had an iron which I made use of (after using the laundry)
The pool and spa area were great - the soa pool was really warm and spacious. Perfect for unwinding and relaxing in. We slept really well and enjoyed the extensive continental breakfast. There was even a free limousine ride into town in the evenings but we used our car as we wanted to go to a specific restaurant.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
ChrisBWPHBI, General Manager at Best Western Plus Humboldt Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

Thank you for great review of our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed all of our extra amenities that other places do not have...such as our Oasis spa area and our complimentary dinner limousine which will take/pick-up our guests to any restaurant in Eureka. On your next visit hopefully you will arrive to dinner in style with our brand new limousine!

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

This was our first stay at a BW property. We are typically a Marriott frequenter, but they don’t have a single thing in the area. The room was average. The hotels bright spot was their pool/entertainment area. Largest spa area I have seen at a hotel. Lots of seating with heaters. Fire pit area. Billiards. The fitness area was also well appointed.

My main complaint was that the back area they put us in smelled like poo. Every time we had to walk to/from the room it smelled disgusting.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family