“Not the same hotel we stayed at last year”

Red Lion Hotel Eureka
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Eureka
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We had a completely different experience during our stay last weekend from the time before. We're limited with options traveling with dogs, so decided to try this hotel again. Check in was quick. Slight disappointment that the frequet-stayer card no long waives the pet fee. Our room was clean, new carpets. Incredible bed and very nice sheets. Overall, the stay was good. As other posters have noted, access to rooms is down long hallways indoors. This is somewhat inconvenient when the dogs want to take a walk.

I also want to mention that the last time we stayed and I wrote a comment to the hotel manager, I was prompted contacted. Thank you. I think the responsiveness is what caused me to try the hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank cabernt13
Bluesky026, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Eureka, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Thank you for staying with us again, we are striving to improve something everyday and your feedback is important. See you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Red Lion Hotel Eureka

Reviewed 25 January 2012

This hotel takes dogs, however it is a noisey hotel and my dog kept waking up and barking. There is a vacant lot across the street to take the dog for a walk. This hotel has very slow service and if you are in a bind it is not bad for a 1 night stay. Just know that it is indoors but does have a sliding glass door into the parking lot. I chose this as a way to take the dogs out, less hassle. internet was very slow and never did get connected until ate in the evening.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room at the end of the building if you have pets.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We were watching the NFL game at the hotel bar and the service was pathetic! We sat for over 5 minutes before I had to go to the bar and order food etc and the bartender was very unprofessional and his name was Noah I believe..The server was no where to be seen and I had to keep going up the bartender who was offended every time I asked for a drink..Not a happy experience

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Love the hotel and I stay here a lot, but the wireless Internet doesn't work :(. If you are coming here for business it's best to do your work in the lobby. It's annoying because I like to do work in a peaceful room. So beware of the choppy Internet!
The rest of hotel is good and I have no other complaints.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Misstravelqueen7
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I could not find anything positive to say about the stay. The hotel is dated, worn and not clean. The carpet in our room (a King Suite) was dirty and stained in many spots. There was no mention that the hot tub was outdoors on the web information. And, the hot tub was not hot! There are 175 rooms and the tub accommodates 3-4 people max! A very disappointing stay and although I thought the price was high before arriving here, I can definitely say that it was very over priced. I stay in hotels approximately every 6 weeks. This hotel will not be on my list again.

Room Tip: I couldn't recommend stating here in good conscious.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I've stayed at this location a few times in the past, but this stay left me feeling sleep deprived and overall dissatisfied.

The facility overall seemed dated and a bit neglected. My room had water stains on the ceiling, the size of several dinner plates. The good news is they matched stains of some kind on the desk chair, so the decor was coordinated.

Below my room was a number of large heating/air conditioning units for the ground floor, including one the cycled off and on all night. Whenever it was running it made a rhythmic screeching noise something like a dozen cats in a running clothes dryer. The weather during my stay was very moderate, so I would have hoped the hotel could shut that unit down until it could be repaired.

The sink stopper in the bathroom wouldn't open properly, so every use resulted in an accumulation of soapy water, toothpaste, and whatnot.

Overall, the staff seemed fairly indifferent. I might have expected all of this from a room costing half or a third of what mine did, but not at this price point.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2011

This hotel is a little dated, but comfortable...right on the main highway. It is better to stay on the back side of the hotel, away from the highway noise. The breakfast buffet is very good although not included in the price of the room. There are many good restaurants in the old town section of Eureka for dinner.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple