“Average food, lively atmosphere”

Fradelizio's Ristorante
Ranked #8 of 43 Restaurants in Fairfax
Price range: US$15 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This extremely popular place is a favorite of many, including lots of locals, because of its lively atmosphere (read happy noise) and friendly staff. The food, however, is bland, to my taste and reminds me of the Italian restaurants of the 50's. I had an enjoyable evening but would probably not return unless I was more interested in a "fun" place than its cuisine.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

We were going to go somewhere else since it almost 4 pm and saw that Fradelizo's opens at 4:00. We waited a few minutes and were very glad we did.

Old style Italian cozy decor. We were greeted right away and sat by a window. What was interesting is that within 30 minutes half the seats were filled.

We started off with the Grilled Asparagus Salad. The salad was proportionately well put together. The flavors complimented each other.

I had the Lemon Homemade Fettuccine with seafood in a white cream sauce. The pasta was al' dente. The fish was not drowned in a heavy sauce. It was very good. My wife had the spaghetti and meat balls. She really enjoyed it as well.

I had a glass of their rose from a barrel. The owner blends it himself. I liked it because it wasn't sweet and had a bolder character than most Roses.

Reviewed August 7, 2018

I stumbled by this restaurant and I'm so glad I did! The staff was awesome and the food was great! Fairfax was a cute town with easy parking between many of the shops. Stop for a meal!

Reviewed May 29, 2018

Same location a local secret fill with colorfil locals all greed like family. We had a table for 8 reserved. No problems once we arrived. Bread and water was endless as we visited amoung family, no rush, no pushie waiter staff. I recommend the house wines bot redd and white wines were reasonablity price and as well crafted as more expersives wine on the wine list. Menu is off the charts for varity. I had simple pastia and meat balls for $17.00 and great meal with the house red wine. Other has fish and meat dishes, everyone was thrilled with prsentation, taste and pricing.

Reviewed March 29, 2018

If you want the real Fairfax experience, head to Frads for delicious authentic Italian food, fantastic wine and service with a smile. These guys have been here for over 20 years and know what they are doing. Local veggies, homemade pastas, fresh fish and the food is fried in rice oil, which makes the calamari truly taste healthier. This restaurant is family owned and supports their local farmers and community. The house wine is unreal, its all right from Napa to there door, doesn't get much better then that. I always love the fresh fish, homemade pastas or mushroom dishes but when its in season the lamb its a must try!! No dress code here, show up in jeans and the cost of the food is adorable but still worthy for a fancy date night if you want to impress that special someone. They don't do lunch anymore which is a bummer but after over 20 years its just wonderful that this town staple is still in business and has only gotten better with age! I would highly recommend dinner here any night of the week and bring the whole family.