“Be aware of your surroundings”
Review of Solano Town Center

Solano Town Center
Ranked #12 of 15 things to do in Fairfield
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Solano Town Center mall in Fairfield hosts a Best Buy, JCPenney, Sears and Macy's department stores, and over 150 other mall shops and restaurants. Enjoy a night of dining and a movie in Fairfield at the Edwards Fairfield Stadium 16 IMAX movie theater. Shopping nearby, just east of I-80 at the Travis Blvd. exit.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Food available for purchase, Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed June 29, 2016

This mall opened when I was a sophomore in high school and I remember the hoopla (and not having to go to Concord to get school clothes anymore). For several years it was a great mall with a wide variety of stores. the last few decades have seen it really decay. I really only pop in to two of the main anchor stores, Penney's and Macy's since the randomness of the stores is not appealing to me. They opened a food court which is nice, but has already had a ton of turnover. Safety is the biggest issue though. Gangs have really overrun Fairfield, and the mall is such a magnet for crime, and there was a very recent murder that occurred during a purse snatching. In broad daylight. I used to say I would only go there in daylight, but it is just as bad in the day. I was there earlier this week and was arriving as another shoplifter was being escorted away in a police cruiser.

Date of experience: June 2016

Reviewed May 17, 2016

This is a place I keep my eyes open. I do not feel safe there. I watch everything going into and out of the store and while I'm there as well. It's not unusual to see a fight or argument. Only go there if I must.

Date of experience: April 2016
1  Thank Nanci S
Reviewed May 14, 2016

Wide selection of stores and restaurants make Solano Town Center a great shopping experience. Best store is Macy's, followd by Best Buy. Missing is an Apple Store!

Date of experience: April 2016
1  Thank TampaFred
Reviewed March 4, 2016

There are three major department store - Macys, Sears, J C Penny, there is a wide variety of high to mid range women stores. There is even two vitamin/ health food stores.
There is a double decker carousel for the kids. Various seating area are scattered thru out the mall.
A middle food court complete the package for this centre. Also free WIFI.

Date of experience: February 2016