“Great place for gourmet dining”
Review of North Shore Cafe

North Shore Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Fawnskin
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Scratch restaurant well known for freshly prepared food with quality ingredients. Indoor and outside patio seating. Menus are available on the restaurant website.
Reviewed 22 August 2016

This unpretentious place is a true gem. Highly recommended by the locals.....this is where 'the insiders' come for well prepared gourmet fare. We come here quite frequently, as we have a weekend place in Big Bear. My favorite is the steak salad, we've also had wonderful burgers and pastas and fish, as well as desserts (they always have specials on the board). This last weekend we made it early enough for breakfast, and we had french toast, omelettes and corned beef hash, all wonderfully done. The service is always friendly. Sometimes there is a slight wait for the food if it's crowded, as the dishes are all prepared with care.
With good weather, there is outside patio seating that is pet friendly.

Reviewed 15 August 2016

My group was really looking forward to a special dinner after working all day down the road at the Renaissance Faire. We had a very good meal there the previous year and were excited to return. Unfortunately, it was an expensive, and unbelievably tasteless disappointment. We sat out on the patio but let the wait staff know we were there after no one checked on us. Although it was not all that busy it took them a good ten minutes to get our drink order and another ten before the waitress took our order, all hot sandwiches. Then we sat. And sat and sat. We waited AN HOUR for our food to arrive. Cold and delivered by another waitress. No one checked on us. The food might have been good if it has not been sitting for half an hour or so. But honestly, if we were not starving and it was the only place in Fawnskin open, we would have left. We were treated that rudely. I will NOT be back next year. It was an unbelievable disappointment.

1  Thank Dorothy H
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Unique little place in Big Bear, usually something interesting on the menu. Great Ruben sandwich, one of my favorites. Yum.

Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

A must good times and memories here my dads favorite place to stop when in Big bear. The burger are the best. They have no fried food. A must try is the potato salad so good

Reviewed 10 July 2016

We happened on this sweet little cafe and WOW, the food was unbelievable. The waitress was unbelievably friendly and her service was great. I thot I was at a gastropub somewhere. We sat outside enjoying the view and even struck up a convo w/the couple behind us. If you come to Big Bear, you MUST eat here!!!! (Had the teriyaki burger with some bacon that . . . I dont know WHERE they got that bacon but it was the best I ever had!)

1  Thank marvalash