“Best sweet potato fries ever!!!”

VI Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Ferndale
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Delicious Food for Everyone Located in the center of Ferndale, at Victorian Inn, VI Restaurant offers Pacific Northwest classics and innovative California cuisine. From our popular Smoked Salmon and Goat Cheese Ravioli to the mouth-watering Paella Portuguese, there is something for every culinary palette to enjoy. For lunch, try a traditional tavern sandwich, chopped salad, grilled house-made pizza or comforting artisan mac and cheese crock. At dinner, choose from an traditional game dishes including guest favorite Lemon Herb Roasted Half Chicken, mouth-watering steaks and filets, Antelope Short Ribs served Osso Buco style or Thai-style Barbequed Duck Breast served with coconut curry. Always at the top of the "Favorites" list are our .VI Restaurant allows guests to explore new standards of culinary creativity by our chefs, while providing a variety of traditional classics to delight your senses.
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

My husband had amazing fish and chips and I had ordered the crab cakes off the starter menu when I decided I wanted a little something else so I ordered the sweet potato fries. They arrived promptly with a delicious dip and I couldn't believe how light and absolutely perfect they were. Truly the best I have ever had !!!

Reviewed 5 July 2017

As a guest of the Inn, we received a few breakfast options with broad appeal. We chose the omelette and it was fabulous; the service was great!

Reviewed 25 June 2017

We were staying in nearby Fortuna and thought it would be nice to drive over to historic Ferndale. Lovely little town. Very Victorian. decided to have lunch at VI. It was late in the afternoon nad only two other parties in the place. The dining room is very beautiful. Ordered the Reuben -- LOVED it! Hubby had the special sliced prime rib sandwich. It was not edible. It was mostly sliced fat and no flavor. Hardly any mean. We sent it back -- the waitress took it off the bill thankfully.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

The salads were crisp and very nice but my blue cheese was almost non-existent.
Wife had the macaroni and cheese that was dry and to me tasteless- she left 1/2 of it.
I had chicken pot pie which we both thought it was wonderful.
I has a eel River Blonde beer that was tasty.

Service was slow and our waitress was tending bar and trying to handle tables. Overly loud music by a tone deaf duo. There was a man who seated us and who would walk around aimlessly, doing nothing like clearing plates or helping overworked waitresses.

But it was a Monday.

We had breakfast that morning and it was great. Same guy walked around aimlessly and made small talk.

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Our server Ryan was excellent and very accommodating. He catered to our every whim. He paced our meal accordingly and made our dining experience perfect.

The food was nice. Husband ordered the fish and chips and said they were excellent. I couldn't stop eating his French fries. They were so addictive- kind of like McDonald's but better.

I started with the house salad and it was average at best. For my entree I had the duck. It too was cooked and seasoned to my liking, but had a little too much connective tissue or was it gristle? BTW, I ordered the sauce on the side which was a good idea on my part because it was too sweet for me.

Lastly we shared the vanilla ice cream for dessert. It was okay, but not as good as the homemade ice cream as Cafe Fiore in Tahoe.