“I Came to This Town For The Cinnamon Roll”
Review of Humboldt Sweets

Humboldt Sweets
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Ferndale
Reviewed 11 April 2016

I got a cinnamon roll and sticky bun to go. They are huge and freshly baked. Day old were available at half the price. People were sitting at tables, in this old house turned into a Bakery, eating various delicacies. The young girl at the counter was friendly and well versed in what they had to offer. I watched a popular TV show that inspired me to come to Guy's hometown and try this Bakery for the cinnamon roll. I drove 455 miles to try this cinnamon roll. It did not disappoint!

Reviewed 19 February 2016

The only con was that they were closed one of the days we stayed in Ferndale, so we ended up grabbing some goodies for the road back to San Jose. I should have bought a half dozen of the cinnamon buns. Candy and other goodies were excellent. But one of the cinnamon buns got buried in a bag and forgotten about for two days after we returned to San Jose. When I found it, I was about to throw it out because most buns would have been stale or hard as a rock after 48 hours. NOT THIS ONE!!! I fired up a pot of coffee and selfishly consumed this with some fresh coffee before my wife arose. You snooze -- you lose. I am thinking of having them ship me buns to San Jose!

Reviewed 7 February 2016

This dedicated family is so talented, their food choices are superb! Wonderful for Breakfast whether you are looking for bakery goods or a full breakfast. The lunch/brunch has clever unique choices made with great care, everything made in house and of excellent quality, taste and presentation.

Reviewed 22 September 2015

One of the restaurants highlighted on Trip Advisor for Ferndale, we decided to detour off the Highway to visit. We are so happy we did..the bakery is a destination for us on our future trips. The owner/pastry chef was busy making cakes inside the shop, and behind the counter. There were so many pastries, and cakes to try we ended up leaving with several. Pecan roll a must. Charming renovated house with outside deck seating. They also serve a few specialty breakfast items.

1  Thank nanfournier
Reviewed 15 August 2015

Gosh all the baked goods in the case and glass jars are a feast for the eyes. And tummy! We recently came here for a light lunch. We had creamy potato soups with side salad (plain gourmet greens mix with nothing added) and a great yeasty bread with butter. Good lunch indead.But when I asked to use the restroom I was told to go use the public one down the block on Main Street! Really!? And the young woman who helped us was snotty after that. Us three also got 3 HUGE cinnamon/sticky buns to go for later.We spent upwards of $40.00 (cash only) and still could not use their restroom!? Oh well...we'll get something to go next time.

3  Thank TwoTeaTotalers