“Like Going to Grandma's. ”

Ferndale Omelette Factory
Ranked #14 of 19 Restaurants in Ferndale
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

During that time between breakfast and lunch hours, it's difficult to find a place that is serving food but we found this place.

Maybe it and its charming owner won us over because we were the only ones there at the time but we felt fussed over like we were grandkids.

For a change, I had a latte and it was huge. Another change for me was having the chicken pot pie; it was wonderful. I forced myself to eat a piece of Very Berry Crumble pie (warmed) with fudge ribbon ice cream; also wonderful.

This place is reminiscent of diners during the 1960s; not fancy or gourmet but practical and direct. A nice touch was the trivia quiz sitting beside the menu; it made for lively discussion.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

After a long drive along the Lost Coast and now knowing what was coming up, we were so surprised and delighted to arrive at Ferndale CA. We were craving breakfast and there like the emerald city was the Ferndale Omelette Factory. Breakfast served all day! We had two amazing omelets and learned about the history of this wonderful little town. So glad our trip took us here!

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Local business on charming main drag. Ample street parking, fun shops surrounding it. Several years since last trip to Ferndale and same "mom" (of the owner) served us. Service is prompt and everything as ordered. What more can I say?...it was "breakfast".

Reviewed 13 August 2016

We were very disappointed. The menu was very limiting and you had to pay extra for toast. Can not remember when toast did not come with a egg breakfast. You had a choice of two ingredients in the omelette than any additions were $0.75 each. Had to choos between toast or home fried potatoes. The potatoes tasted like they had been reheated after being cold. They were prepackaged not home fried.

Very disappointed.

Reviewed 23 July 2016

I will turn 50 next week, I am a local to the area, and this is the worst breakfast I can remember ever paying for. I ordered a menu omelet with potatoes. The potatoes were hard and dry with no seasoning. The omelet had good filling ingredients, but very little of them. The omelet itself was thick and dry. Like the eggs were beaten very fast and long enough to get a lot of air in. Or the eggs came out of a carton. My spouse had biscuits and gravy, the biscuits were not bad but gravy, thankfully, was out of a can. Our daughter ordered a waffle and it was edible. Will not go again.