Lowest prices for your stay
US$231
Reserve now, pay at stay
PricelineUS$231
Hotels.comUS$231
eDreamsUS$231
All reviews main street common room no elevator jewelry store vi restaurant quaint town paella modern conveniences the entire staff street noise humboldt county stayed one night redwood forest yogurt jenny victorian california
Selected filters
Reviewed July 26, 2021

What a charming place. The history is fantastic and the Innkeepers are wonderful. They were warm, welcoming and offered great suggestions for sightseeing. My daughter loved the tall staircase, the mule out front and all the charming personality traits you can only find in a historic building. While there were no mini refrigerators in our room, they offer a community one upstairs that was great to use. We loved our stay. The bed was comfortable. Most of us are accustomed to ceiling fans, so since there wasn't one, they had a fan in the room which we greatly appreciated. We ate dinner at the Inn one night and visited with a neat couple seated next to us. You will not be disappointed in this historic Inn.

Reviewed July 22, 2021 via mobile

My wife and I stayed two nights and had a wonderful time. The inn is charming and the town is quiet and a step back into an earlier period when life was slower. The innkeeper was very welcoming! A great stay!

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2021

Our stay at the Victorian Inn proved to be a perfect base for our trips into Humbolt State Park. The inn itself was a wonderful mix of modern amenities and classic period touches. When I booked the wrong dates for our stay the gracious staff told us not to worry even though the hotel was quite full with guests.The attached restaurant was quite satisfactory( there aren't too many choices in such a small town). All in all a great choice !!

Reviewed July 13, 2021

The Victorian Inn in Ferndale is a great little find. We stayed in the Brisa Room 204. The room’s 14 foot ceilings feel positively palatial. The tea table in the bay window is a perfect spot to read the town’s newspaper (the Ferndale Enterprise) over a steaming cup of earl gray. We were traveling with another couple who were staying next door in Sylvia’s room. So we availed ourselves of the upstairs common room to gather and plan out our day’s or evening’s adventures. By the end of our 2-night stay we’d eaten one grab-n-go breakfast up there and played 3 of the games in the amusements cabinet. There was ample room in the common room's freezer to chill the two ice packs for our car's cooler.

Anthony, the innkeeper, does a great job of getting out from behind the checkin counter (nestled near the back) and welcoming guests like us who had expected the front desk to be, well, out front.

I quite enjoyed our meals at the VI restaurant, where we ate both nights. Our waiters, Garett and Ryan, were both very attentive and friendly.

We were staying there in mid-week, so the inn was relatively quiet. It gave us a chance to meet and talk with the owners, Jenny and Lowell. Being somewhat of an architectural history enthusiast, I couldn’t resist reading through the two-page history of the building in the guest book and studying its floor plan. From that and my conversation with Jenny & Lowell I learned that the main floor had originally housed a bank, millinery (maker of ladies’ hats), and a haberdashery. Hence its division into three parallel spaces and its lack of a traditional hotel lobby space. Ferndale was once a bustling center of the butter business, where there was enough concentration of wealth to support such luxury retail establishments.

The old grand piano in the VI restaurant is in good condition. Jenny & Lowell were more than happy to turn off the gentle ambiance music a half hour before closing to let me play a piece or two on it. They kindly pretended not to notice that I’m a bit out of practice.

It’s true that the stairwell is a bit long, but that’s actually to be expected when the main floor has 17 foot ceilings. It’s like climbing a little more than two stories in a regular house. There is a landing half way up, which gives the climber a chance to rest.

Another curiosity: we’re all accustomed to doorknobs being 36” off the floor and within easy reach. While I didn’t have a tape measure with me, I’d estimate the inn's Victorian era doorknobs are more like 29” off the floor. For someone who’s 6 foot 1 like myself, I found myself bending over slightly to reach the knob. There are several theories on the internet about why Victorian doorknobs are so low. Jenny also has some amusing and more contemporary stories about the inn’s knobs and their unexpected popularity. Ask her. :- )

I didn’t get a chance to see the banquet spaces on the main floor this trip. That’ll have to wait until next time.

Reviewed July 6, 2021

The rooms looked exactly like the photos so quite happy. High ceilings are a plus!.
Common area with full refrigerator , microwave and coffee maker was convenient.
Rooms very clean . Great Victorian atmosphere!

1  Thank ricardotD423YF