“Fantastic Surprise”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed December 4, 2017

We did not know what to expect - and what a great surprise this restaurant was. We were warmly greeted and seated (as it turns out, by the owner). Waiter had a great sense of humor and recommended a bottle of wine that was excellent - but not over the top expensive. Food arrived quickly and we both were amazed at the quality. Chicken ravioli an instant favorite of mine. Ahi with Risotto an instant favorite of my wife. A really modern upbeat vibe with classic guitars hanging on the walls. Definitely going back - hopefully often.

1  Thank DoubleSS2017

Reviewed November 27, 2017

We love Manderes for the cozy surroundings and great food. Beer selections are pretty extensive and they also have several wine selections now. Ribs, chicken, and burgers are our favorites. Portions are getting too big for me and the wife so we have started ordering our own side salad and splitting an entree. The kitchen has split the plate before serving and there is no additional charge. Servers and wait staff have always been good and engaged. This is a place where regular locals and first timers can hang out together.

1  Thank Jim S
Reviewed November 8, 2017

In the days of deafening music playing in most restaurants this was a pleasant surprise.. We were seated immediately and there was guitar music playing softly in the background. The staff was super friendly and efficient.. and then came the Food!! Oh my goodness it was great!! Our eyes bulged as we were served this gorgeous meal!! Fresh, clean, delicious and gorgeous.. have I said I'm ready to go back again Now??!!

1  Thank Michelle K
Reviewed October 23, 2017

Our expectations were low when we entered Manderes. No one recommended it and little advertising. The place was crowded at 5:30 pm but we got a nice seat at a window. I ordered the Ahi Tuna. It was fabulous, seared just right and very tasty. The stuffed Portabelo Mushroom was exceptional, I would order it again and again. The dessert, chocolate cake, was larger enough to bring half home for latter that evening. A definite return trip is in the near future.

Reviewed October 20, 2017

Small restaurant, but great food. Spent time with some long-time friends and had a great time. I had the Bulgogi (Korean BBQ) and my wife ordered steak alfredo. Good-sized portions and wonderful food. Highly recommend. Will visit again as soon as we are up that way!

Been to Manderes? Share your experiences!