“Average and overpriced food, good service and hot bread”

Land Ocean New American Grill
Ranked #5 of 311 Restaurants in Folsom
Price range: US$18 - US$28
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Haddon Avenue
Transit: Patco Speedline- a few blocks away.
Description: Land Ocean, or "LO", is our version of a place for great food with a comfortable atmosphere for lunch or dinner, at a reasonable price point. Land Ocean is the best of the Land and the Sea. Our culinary team has crafted a menu evoking the taste of the American palate featuring hand cut steaks, a wood fired rotisserie, and fresh seafood. The setting at LO is warm and casual. Comfortable booths wrap around the restaurant encasing a vibrant bar in the center. The bar glows with a wall of candles and lighted wine cabinets. Beautiful copper globes float above the bar highlighting the premium liquor selection. Join us for lunch or dinner, 7 days week, and children are always welcome at LO. Land Ocean is the second restaurant by Mark and Karoline Platt, also the owners of Sienna Restaurant in El Dorado Hills, and long time Folsom residents.
Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

I had been here twice previously years ago, once by myself to satisfy a steak craving and once with friends for happy hour. My family took me here today to celebrate my birthday. I wanted lobster and steak but the only beef I could get with it was filet mignon, which I avoid. To pair lobster with a steak would have been way too costly. Due to high prices, three of us ordered burgers. None if them were very special. My other daughter ordered a steak and she was happy with it. For three burgers, a steak and a domestic beer, we paid over $100 after tip. Lucky for us, we did not order the more expensive meals.

Why four stars? The waitress was fabulous. She was attentive and honest about her opinions of other dishes that were under consideration. Also, she kept the delicious hot bread coming. We all felt that the bread was the highlight of our meals.

Reviewed July 17, 2018

I like this place. It's on the upscale side but as with most, California attire welcome. Great food!

Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

Dinner was unbelievable as always. This is the third time that I’ve been there to have dinner. Genevieve who works there has been our server for the three times the last four years and she’s been so nice and we have talked family and she has family down in Thousand Oaks area and it’s been great. The fish and steaks are unbelievable and the service is above and beyond your expectations

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

The service was above and beyond. Absolutely perfect! Food was just ok. I ordered the filet mignon eggs Benedict. There was no hollandaise but the homefries were very good. Most importantly the servers made up for the ok food.

1  Thank Pam T
Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed this restaurant, great service good food a little disappointed in the wine list. We had a great time with friends!!