“Good food and casual environment”

Land Ocean New American Grill
Ranked #5 of 307 Restaurants in Folsom
Price range: US$18 - US$28
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Haddon Avenue
Transit: Patco Speedline- a few blocks away.
Description: Land Ocean, or "LO", is our version of a place for great food with a comfortable atmosphere for lunch or dinner, at a reasonable price point. Land Ocean is the best of the Land and the Sea. Our culinary team has crafted a menu evoking the taste of the American palate featuring hand cut steaks, a wood fired rotisserie, and fresh seafood. The setting at LO is warm and casual. Comfortable booths wrap around the restaurant encasing a vibrant bar in the center. The bar glows with a wall of candles and lighted wine cabinets. Beautiful copper globes float above the bar highlighting the premium liquor selection. Join us for lunch or dinner, 7 days week, and children are always welcome at LO. Land Ocean is the second restaurant by Mark and Karoline Platt, also the owners of Sienna Restaurant in El Dorado Hills, and long time Folsom residents.
Reviewed September 16, 2018

We have been pleased every time we have gone here, the service is good and the food are both good. Prices are in line with the type of restaurant it is. I'm not 100% crazy about the atmosphere though it is a little like the Tahoe Joes dining area. I actually prefer the Roseville restaurants atmosphere (Sienna owned by the same) over both the Folsom and the ELH. But I will most likely return when I don't feel like driving to far.

Reviewed August 30, 2018

This was our first visit and we were delighted. The decor is modern with muted colors and lots of wood. All seating is at booths. There is also a small private dining room and full bar. We were seated immediately. Our server Carissa was friendly and efficient. I had the crab cake appetizer. There were three generous crab cakes with a lovely tangy sauce. A small salad with an herb dressing was also served with this. My lunch went well with a very cold glass of Pinot Grigio. My husband had the spicy garlic mussels. The mussels were plump and tender and the broth was delicious. He chose a dark craft beer that was very nice. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank Maryann L
Reviewed August 30, 2018

We walked in on a busy Friday night. There were 4 hostesses. They seemed overwhelmed, unorganized and came off rude. We went into the bar to have a drink while we waited, and the bartenders were the same - overwhelmed and short. When we had dinner, the waitress was great and the food excellent.

Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

We have been looking for a good restaurant for fish. My wife and I heard from friends that Land Ocean was a very good... Well we were not disappointed.
I had the chilean‎‎ sea bass, coconut rice, and sauteed broccolini with soy ginger glaze... this was excellent. My wife had the salmon and was also pleased. Service was good and the meal was very good, I am looking forward to returning. BTW... the hot bread is a definite winner!

1  Thank Jim K
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

The food was very good. The service was also very good. The portions are fairly small. I recommend the Avocado Toast for avocado fans and picky eaters.