“Back to what we liked!”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #61 of 311 Restaurants in Folsom
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2017

It's the Wandering Yank here. Mrs. Yank and I used to be regulars at the Macaroni Grille in Roseville, but the menu changed and our favorite, Tuscan Ribeye, disappeared. We never found anything we liked as much.

We tried the Folsom location, and voila, the "Rosemary Ribeye" is on the menu, so we gave it a try. It's the same as the Tuscan Ribeye, and the steak was excellent! As good a ribeye steak as we've had anywhere.

Service was attentive, the decor is pleasant and fine, and the prices were reasonable.

2 thumbs up!

Reviewed March 5, 2017

"Eat like a roman at Romano's Macaroni Grill!" When a friend shared that thought, I felt certain she was exaggerating. I have had the privilege of eating in Rome. Surely nothing in the western U.S. could elicit that same experience ...

Or so I thought. When she took me to eat at a Macaroni Grill location in Utah, I was impressed with how similar the food seemed to dishes I had tasted in Italy. When I learned there was a Romano's location near where I worked once a week, I was thrilled to try it again. Is it exactly like the experience of dining in Rome? Maybe not quite, but it certainly brings back vivid memories.

We were seated in the back room near the fireplace, a nice touch for a chill and rainy winter evening. The radiant warmth from the fire and the bright yellow walls evoked memories of other meals in other places, as did the warm hospitality of Romano's servers and staff.

The signature rosemary bread, served with every meal, is very like herb breads Hubby and I shared in Italy. To have it served in a round loaf, to be broken in pieces and dipped into a small plate of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and sea salt, recalled our experiences of breaking and dipping bread in Rome and Florence. While the exact dishes we ordered were unlike any we had eaten overseas, the flavors were spot on. Although the fried artichokes we enjoyed in Rome's Jewish quarter were prepared whole, those we ate in pieces at Macaroni Grill tasted just the same.

Hubby's folded ravioli and my lobster ravioli were both excellent, as were the bruschetta and fried artichokes, the cheesecake (new York style rather than Roman, but delicious!) and the lemon curd. And did I mention the bread? You really have to try that bread! Altogether, we enjoyed a well-prepared, generously served, authentically Italian meal, and a one-hour return trip to Rome, recalling our culinary experiences there.

If you love Italian cuisine, you're sure to enjoy Romano's Macaroni Grill and you can hardly do better than the Folsom location.

Reviewed January 4, 2017

You've got to go for the Express Lunch. $7 and ready in 7 minutes. Great Food Too. I had the Chicken Milanese Panzanella Salad. Huge chicken patty topped with delicious salad. Get the Rosemary Bread for $1 extra. My husband had the Sausage Rigatoni and it too was delicious. Great Service! Very friendly wait staff. Fast lunch if you want it or take your time and stay awhile. They don't rush you.

Reviewed November 13, 2016 via mobile

Good lunch food was good they have there own specialty drinks no alcohol loved it waiter was attentive but not over kill

Reviewed September 10, 2016

Arrived between lunch and dinner with the restaurant almost entirely empty. Staff continued their other duties, prepping for dinner, cleaning the bar area as they took care of us. The service was very attentive and quick. Quality of the food was outstanding. Worth the stop.