My wife and I had our wonderful stay for 2 nights there.
Beautiful landscapes everywhere.
We stayed in the Villa, which is a few steps away from the beach.
The villa had a nice backyard jacuzzi, for you to relax in its warm water.
The villa is massive and very comfortable.
The view to the beach is somehow blocked by trees and shrubs so you have to walk in front and lounge on the deck chair to view the sunset.
There are four meal times; breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner.
No in-room dining though.
Snorkelling by the beach is awesome enough!
Spotted a turtle swimming while snorkelling along the shore reefs.
Walking to the smaller Mataking Kecil island via the sandbar is an interesting experience, and only available when the tide is low.
There is quite a handful of activities you can do there, and not all requires money.
1) In-room minibar is limited; bring your own snacks if you wish to munch in the room.
2) Resort's shop sells limited food supply; tapioca chips, some nuts and ice cream.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Reef Dive Resort at Mataking Island is an exclusive romantic & diving destination in the Celebes Sea, located just 40 minutes boat ride from Semporna, East Coast of Sabah in Malaysia. It is a promised island with majestic treasures, natural warmth and friendship for holiday makers, spa lovers, honeymooners and divers alike. Whether it is a retreat for yourself or exciting undersea exploration, you’ll find Mataking the perfect choice.The resort is caressed by the tropical sea breeze. Our executive king chalets, premier deluxe rooms and brand new luxurious beach villas designed in traditional architecture offering simply elegant and exquisite accommodation for up to 100 guests in a serene and cozy environment. Enjoy Malaysian and International cuisine with an enticing spread of fresh local seafood or relish the weekend barbecued favorites at our sea facing restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your The Reef Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pulau Mataking Reef Dive Hotel Pulau Sipadan