“Good dinner spot”
Review of Double D Steak

Double D Steak
Ranked #2 of 39 Restaurants in Fortuna
Price range: US$15 - US$37
Description: Fortuna's newest Steakhouse, seafood bar and grill. Open for dinner only. Full bar, cocktails, local beers on tap, domestic beers in the bottle, 30 different wines to choose from. Times Standard Choice Award winner for "Best Steak"
Reviewed April 8, 2017 via mobile

This is the nicest place to eat dinner in Fortuna. The chef keeps getting better and better. With every dinner you get a five course meal. You won't go hungry. The bar menu has some great snacks. A. Dry popular place.

Debbie C, Owner at Double D Steak, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2017

Reviewed April 4, 2017

Large portions and good food, I recommend reservations if possible we were there on the weekend and it was a packed house. Best restaurant in Fortuna.

Reviewed December 21, 2016

Reservation for party of 12 "lost" so we had an hour wait. Staff was apologetic and attentive as a result. The bartender mixed cocktails strong enough to make us forget about the lost reservation! Food was okay. Portions large enough to bring home seconds.

Reviewed November 29, 2016

Food was ok the beef soup wasn't anything more than broth must have been the bottom of the pot. they were busy but I have seen much worse in the parlloto days . The service was a bit slow looked like they could use a little more help .A lady kinda came out to help things along but she made us feel rushed took my salad before I was finished didn't ask had my head turned basically the dinner was up not soon after our salads being rushed is not my idea of a good dinner .that is why I only give them a 3 I think they have the potential to to much better.

1  Thank EurekaOverthehill
Reviewed November 23, 2016

Had heard great things so finally had a chance to try it out - early reservations (recommended, and also holiday week of Thanksgiving). First table seated, cute fiesta ware table settings and already decorated for Christmas. Ordered a bottle of house Chardonnay (Meridian), and a martini. Dinners came with antipasto tray, ravioli, prime rib based beef soup bowl, salad, and nice size loaf of bread. So far so good, right? Main courses at our table were the Blue Cheese Sirloin steak with baked yukon potatoes, Filet Mignon with baked yukon potatoes with sour cream, and an 8 oz. ribeye steak with zucchini. We did all order sides of horseradish and oohed and aahed throughout our meal sharing bites! Wonderful, flavorful seasonings -everything went together very well. Even ordered coffee (Humboldt Bay) and desserts - my sister and nephew split some spumoni, and I ordered the lemon cheesecake which was about four inches tall, twice as wide as most servings, and to die for! Ended up sharing with the rest of the table as it was more than enough for all! Will definitely be back again and even though at first glance it may seem pricey, you will most assuredly get your money's worth in food. Consider Double D for your special occasions and out of town guests.

1  Thank mernamiranda