“Reunion”
Review of Double D Steak

Double D Steak
Ranked #2 of 39 Restaurants in Fortuna
Price range: US$15 - US$37
Description: Fortuna's newest Steakhouse, seafood bar and grill. Open for dinner only. Full bar, cocktails, local beers on tap, domestic beers in the bottle, 30 different wines to choose from. Times Standard Choice Award winner for "Best Steak"
Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

The ribeye is killer. Come ready to eat Starts with bread a cheese plate then pasta. Moving on to soup then salad. Here comes the pain, the steak with potato your call. Our friends had the halibut basket again a home rub. The shrimp and crab cocktail we had as a starter was great but we had no idea the amount of food headed our way. Prices were very reasonable. We will be back

Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

After a day of hiking, we were ready for a good meal. Trip Advisor indicated Double D Steak would be a good choice. Seriously, I thought I was going to have to beg them to stop feeding me! The meal started with bread, then a shared antipasto plate, then ravioli, then beef stew (best ever), then a salad, THEN came the main course. It was all delicious. I ordered the filet with garlic mashed potatoes. My husband had the chicken pot pie. We enjoyed both meals. This restaurant has a bar area and a more formal dining room. We ate in the bar area because that was the atmosphere we were looking for. The dining room also looked like it would provide a pleasant dining experience.

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I split a filet mignon. We ordered it rare with a baked potato and steak fries. It came with soup, salad, bread, and a cheese and vegetable plate. Everything was delicious, we had our fill, and the server was very friendly.

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

We had excellent food and service. First they start you with bread and an antipasta plate. Next they bring ravioli to share. After that there was vegetable beef soup and then salad! Finally you get your entree after eating a lot already! I had the wild steelhead trout with butter & garlic with Yukon gold baked potato. My uncle had the trout too but he had macaroni and cheese with bacon. We both really liked it! My husband and son had chicken cordon Bleu and it was very good too. The food was excellent and the pace was very good. The couple downsides were the prices (but not horrible for all the food you get) and it was way too loud we couldn’t even hear each other when talking. It was also somewhat of a tight seating because people kept coming by and knocking over my Uncle’s cane. We would recommend it!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

They started us off with bread , shared Antipasto plate, followed with shared ravioli, tomato sauce was really good.
We then progressed to the salad, I had blue cheese dressing, which again was very good,
Then the main course, my wife had the veggie Pot Pie with Chicken, which was quite different in taste but a very good different.
I had the Bacon Blue New York Steak, with baked potato, this was fantastic, I struggled to eat it all but as we were leaving in the morning taking a box was not an option.
The restaurant looked up market food definitely up market but pricing was about average, the total for our meal with glass of wine and a soft drink was $74.11 including tax. The also had a separate bar area were you could have bar meals.
Staff very good, attentive and friendly.
I would certainly eat there again and would recommend it to anyone.

Date of visit: June 2018