“Mexican restaurant”

Las Cazuelas Restaurant and Cantina
Ranked #22 of 39 Restaurants in Fortuna
Reviewed March 17, 2015

The service was quick and very friendly. The food was very good! Was hot and delicious! I love this restaurant!!

Reviewed March 15, 2015 via mobile

I agree this is not traditional Mexican food. But sometimes that's ok. Their homemade flour tortillas are the best I have ever had. Try the beef super nachos, they melt in your mouth.

Reviewed January 1, 2015

I call the food served here "americano-style" mexican food. Not bad by any means, but no "wow" factor at all. We were in a very large group (which they handled well) and everyone said it was just OK. Out front of the store has tiled decking which hasn't been cleaned in many years. I notice little details like this. At least the bathroom was decent. Food so-so.

Reviewed December 29, 2014

This is a good place to go with kids as it's noisy and family friendly. But, beware! The salsa served with the, one free basket, of chips is very very hot and there is no alternative. Went with the visiting family (13 of us) and across the board, the food is either way too spicy or very flat and tasteless. My fish tacos were disgusting. The lump of fish was more like frozen Van de Kamps fish and chips. The tortillas were greasy and not really fried, just tough. The pico de gallo was so hot (and I like spicy) I had to scrape it off. Their beans and rice are void of any flavor. My son ordered the steak burrito, and this was probably the best at the table.

Reviewed December 2, 2014

Have been in here several times, always good food and fast service. Friendly wait staff, always ready to serve. The Salsa is a bit too hot for my taste.