“Bucket List trip”

Funky Monkey
Ranked #12 of 38 Restaurants in Fortuna
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Bar
Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

We got into Fortuna late and checked into the Comfort Inn. We were really hungry and we saw Funky Monkey on our way into town so went there. It was perfect! Great food, hamburgers, pizza, and yummy garlic fries! We would highly recommend eating there. A good atmosphere and very nice space. I love sitting in a booth and that's what we did...
Fortuna was a great town to spend the night.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

Had excellent dinners on two different nights. First night I had the Hawaiian personal size pizza, probably the best I've ever had. It was very cheesy with just the right amount of sauce. My companion had the Garden Burger which she said was delicious. We both started with the salad bar which had a good selection of toppings to put over a mix of salad greens. The Tiramisu was fabulous. The second night we had the salad bar again and I had a juicy cheeseburger and my companion had a grilled salmon, both very tasty. Unfortunately they were out of the Tiramisu so we had local made vanilla ice cream. I definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

We stopped here by chance and were glad we did. The pizza was really good and the service was friendly and helpful. The restaurant is upscale and clean. What more can you ask for? Good Food, Good Service and Clean.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

I needed a quick meal close to my hotel and Funky Monkey was perfect. I had the buffalo chicken pizza which was great.

Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

Nothing special here very slow service and almost no customers on our visit. They have been popular in the past for there monkey Bread. I was excited to try it but no luck, they had not made it that day oh well a pasta dish and small pizza later not much to report.
Sorry just can't recommend this place. They seem to get more traffic off State Hwy 101 to there place than locals.