All reviews executive tower airport shuttle room service breakfast buffet indoor pool rooms are nice sfo ihg bedding onsite
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Its good if you;re business takes you to Foster City. If you;re working more at SFo, check for other options.

The hotel was extremely functional. The rooms were clean, the food was okay. The gym was basic etc.

Its right between to high traffic roads, and though they have done much to sound proof the hotel, those with a light sleep, may find themselves disturbed.

I did happen to leave my handphone at the breakfast table. It was promptly stashed away at the reception for me to collect later.

All in all, a functional choice - to be purely determined by the location of your business.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Foster City during a recent business trip. I was impressed, but do understand some of the negative feedback regarding sound.

The hotel is in a nice area of town, not too far South of downtown San Francisco. There were plenty of restaurants and shops only a few blocks away. It was relatively easy to find, as the directions from their website were straightforward.

The lobby is beautiful, and I was relieved to get out of the car after a long drive from Oregon. The hotel clerk was not very welcoming, and gave us no information about the hotel. Luckily, I was able to find a more helpful staff person in the evening who directed us to the restaurant, provided pool information, and gave us our breakfast buffet vouchers as promised with our rate.

Our room was very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was spacious, and included a coffee maker, hair dryer and usual toiletries. The welcome kit was a nice surprise, and included linen spray, an eye mask and ear plugs. The noise from the lounge several floors below could be heard late into the night, and although it did not bother me, I thought the ear plugs were a nice touch. A business associate of ours had read about this before arriving, and was given a room in the executive building where it was much quieter. If you plan to stay and are worried about the noise, simply ask for a room in the other tower.

We did spend some time in the Clubhouse Bistro. The food was very good and the hip decor was unexpected for a hotel restaurant and lounge. There were several large panel screens used for sports early in the evening. Later, the place heats up as a locals favorite dance club.

The large flat screen, complimentary wi-fi and super comfy beds made for a very nice respite. I would book this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2010

We stayed here for one night via a good deal through Priceline. We needed the hotel for a morning flight the next day. Despite using Priceline, we still got a king size bed as requested. The window, however, looked into the atrium/indoor courtyard. What was worse, was that the curtains would not draw, but they had a clip so we could clip the curtains together. Obviously they knew these was a problem--it just seemed the hotel was a little cheap in not changing the curtains completely so you could draw them at night.

The bathroom was a good size, and the beds were comfortable. We had no issues with sound. Overall, since we got a good deal through Priceline and because parking is free, it was worth it. However, I think I would've gotten annoyed at the clipped curtains if I was staying here for more than one night.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2010

I've stayed here several times and will continue to do so. It's a nice hotel but the rooms in the main building are better. The rooms in the executive building are not as nice, and it's a decent walk to get there, and it feels isolated. I've stayed in the execitive building once but will request the main building from now on.

Otherwise it's a nice hotel. Excellent value, good breakfast, staff is nice.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2009

I have been to this hotel before but even if years have passed I am still impressed. The rooms may be small but the neatness makes up for that deficiency. The TV sets have already been upgraded to huge HD flat screens and there is a small refrigerator. Since I always get a rental car when going to San Francisco, I always get a hotel away from the city where it is difficult to find parking and the fees are very prohibitive. At Foster City, parking in any of the hotels is free. You just have to use your common sense in not leaving anything in your car that will invite break-ins. Did not have much interaction with hotel personnel but those I have encounter were all friendly.

• Stayed: December 2009